Having an anxiety attack and need support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jun 20, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

Well, I thought about it, and I need the support I receive here more than the constant judgemental bickering bs going on here disappoints me. I still stand by my comments that the bickering is childish and disrespectful to everyone with an illness or disability.

Anyhow, I am going to court in about an hour. I am being sued by a bank that has practiced unfair and predatory banking methods for decades and claims my account was in overdraft over 4 years ago, never notified me, then filed for suit. I am going to a jury trial today. I do not have an attorney, it will be just me and my young son in court. I'm not going to go into the details, but I really need some support.

My pain level is very high right now. I know I did a lot of it to myself b/c I have been so upset about this that I have used yard work as a distraction and I haven't been able to sleep in a few days. I know I haven't been takign care of myself like I should. I don't think I am thinking clearly either, which scares me more than anything, I need my wits about me today more than any other.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I could also use some good vibes, prayers, juju, or whatever it is that you beleive in.

Nervous Nelly (aka kat211)
  2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I agree with Aussie about telling the judge about your fibro. I will be praying for you that everything turns out.
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

Justice prevails. First, the clerk yelled at me and was a raving witch about my son being with me. She wouldn't even listen to me about how I called a friend to come pick him up when I was told he couldn't be there by someone else and I just needed to know when my trial would begin so I could meet my friend that was picking him up.

Then, as I was waiting in the hall and panicking, and searching for the atty with dark hair and glasses, along with trashing the court with someone I met there that also has a closed head injury, the atty with dark hair and glasses's assistant came out looking for me. Before I could rip him a new one, which I was prepared to do in court, he told me that the atty had looked over the case and realized it was the banks error and the case would be dismissed. I was so thrilled that I didn't have to go through the torture of the trial i hugged him.

My pain level is still high and I was livid about the fact that nobody bothered to look at the facts of the case prior to takign it this far and causing me undue stress and agravation. I was thinking about writing a very harsh letter to the collection agency, attorney, and the sinister soulless bank run by people with the IQ of a rock, but I have decided to let it go and be done with this crap.

I am going to go take a little rest and try to calm down now.

Thanks again my PH friends.
  4. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I am so glad that everything worked out for you, but Im also sorry you had to go through all the stress that went with it.
    Hoping your pain lessens soon
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, I just got on the board, saw you had the court case only to be pleasantly surprised that everything was okay. Relatively speaking?

Had the attorney just then looked at your case? At least things are all right. This must be a big relief.

Justice prevailed!! You prevailed!!

Take care.

6. kat211

kat211 New Member

I am going to wait a couple of days and then go to the attys office in person and demand a letter stating the facts and that I have and never have had any liability to the bank in question. I will create a commotion and not leave until they give it to me. It should only take a few minutes to pen such a letter. The collection agency is also local, so I will be doing the same thing at their office once I get the letter from the attorney. I am not going to waste my energy on being placed on hold and being ignored b/c I am on the phone or simply writing letters. They will know that I am a real person who has been adversely effected by their inability to do their jobs properly and idiocy. I have no problem making a scene if need be. Sure, it is going to suck some energy out of my already low supplies, but it should be less than if I were to phone or write them.

I'm also going to send the letters and information that they submitted to the court trying to prove me guilty which actually prove the bank to be inept to local consumer advocates so that no one else has to be bullied into paying money they do not owe. Their atty I met with a couple of months ago for the first summons tried to bully me into paying a huge amount of money. I told him where he could stick that pen he was holding out for me to sign and agree to such a ridiculous thing.