Having bad day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillyrose33, Jul 24, 2006.

1. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Well, this has been some day, just another day of pain and confusion and so tired that I could lay down and sleep for a year...that is if I didn't hurt so much that I can't lay down or sit down so I walk around the house and feel like I am looseing my mind. What I would give for just one night of good sleep and no pain.
    I am so tired of the meds and my friends and family thinking that I am loosing it.
    I just finished therphy for the umteenth time and as ususal they said that they don't think they are doing me any good...just do the stretches and excercise at home no matter how bad it hurts...well, I sure will make sure I do that when I am standing in the middle of my living room at three AM. in the morning and feel like I could pull my leg off.
    Do I sound bitter? Well, I guess I am and sorry to dump this on you all. I am just so tired.
    I go for another EMG tomorrow and MRI Friday and not looking forward to them.
    I also have Meniere's...a hearing and balance problem and in a full blown flare with it now also.
    What is next? My body seems to have a mind of it's own and the doctors get so fustrated with me because they don't really know what is going on.
    Well, thanks for letting me vent. I know this will all pass and start all over again...that is what gets me the most...not knowing.
    God bless all of you
    PS: Please don't yell at me about my spelling...I am lucky I can still spell at all.
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

I'm very sorry your having such a bad day sweetie, i pray tomorrow will be a better day. I NEVER sleep well either because of the daily pain it does make you feel like your going crazy.

I know you feel like your losing your mind, my heart goes out to you.I HOPE YOUR TESTS GO GOOD YOUR EMG TOMORROW AND MRI FRIDAY. I know what you mean your not looking forward to them because if your like me you have had so many you have lost count. I have to go for yet another mri wednesday.

I know when a therapist tells you to do your stretches and exercises no matter how bad they hurt really gets on the nerves, yes thats really easy for them to say. I know you have to do them and i do but sonme days it is impossible due to the pain.

I wish you better health and lots of happiness, I hope soon your pain gives you a break. Take care, Tammy.
  3. Angelimbo

Angelimbo New Member

I live alone, and "people" only see me when I am well enough to "get out", for very brief periods. Then, they are not around to see me in a flare after spending time with them!!!

So, like you, I pace the floors, and rub capsaicin (or turn myself into a quilt of capsaicin patches!!), and take hot baths, and pace the floors, and try to sleep, but can't sleep for the pain......

I so understand!

"THEY" don't see me when I am using my little "rubber rubber" (lol) on my upper back. I will be leaning against walls with the "rubber" between my back and the wall, trying to work out the knots and pain and spasms, and crying my head off.

So, please know that "I hear you"!

If you have never tried capsaicin rubs or patches, please give them a try. They take some getting used to, and you have to be really careful not to touch your eyes or other (!) delicate parts before you scrub the stuff off your hands! But it is one product that "get's me through" those times. Also, the more often you use it, the better it works. I use it all the time, nearly! And it never stops helping me. It's no "magic bullet", but it does help!

I also understand that you dread the EMG and MRI. I have not had an EMG, but I had an MRI of just the cervical spine in 2001, and even though it was a Open MRI, it nearly killed me. I could hardly walk, climb steps, sit, bend, whatever, for several days afterwards, due to laying on that flat, hard table for so long!

I will be thinking about you. Let us know how you do after the tests!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2006]
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I issed your post yesterday. I am sorry things are so bleak for you at the moment. I sure hope all goes well today.

It is awful to be feeling this way but it will pass so hang tight.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Thanks to all that wrote. I was having such a bad day and still having one but have calmed down some after reading some of the post on here and know that I am not alone with these feelings. I had worked myself into a full blown IBS attack and had to reschule my EMG and tomorrow I go to Indiana for MRI. I sure I can do this.
    Thanks again for caring and understanding.

Lillyrose