Having Bad Flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roro, Aug 25, 2002.

1. roro

roro New Member

Well, I have been feeling bad for a couple weeks now. I have been extremely exhausted, and now I am starting to get achy all over, back and neck pain. Another new symptom is a pain in my right eye, almost like a muscle spasm, but not just the eyelid, deeper into the eye. I am CFS, but wondering if this is FM too. It is definitely worse than the joint pain I used to get, and it is not in my joints, its more in muscles. I finally caved and took 800 mg of motrin. i just cant take the pain anymore, it is too tiring. I guess i should consider myself lucky, I know others are on strong painkillers.
    I keep trying to figure out what caused the flare. I travelled to CT the week b4 last, and ate some things i shouldnt have eaten, had a beer, and also it was that TOM. I also fell on some rocks, but the pain started almost a whole week AFTER the fall. OK, I will stop trying to think now, because it is hurting my head. Thanks for letting me rant.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2002]
  2. roro

roro New Member

Well, I have been feeling bad for a couple weeks now. I have been extremely exhausted, and now I am starting to get achy all over, back and neck pain. Another new symptom is a pain in my right eye, almost like a muscle spasm, but not just the eyelid, deeper into the eye. I am CFS, but wondering if this is FM too. It is definitely worse than the joint pain I used to get, and it is not in my joints, its more in muscles. I finally caved and took 800 mg of motrin. i just cant take the pain anymore, it is too tiring. I guess i should consider myself lucky, I know others are on strong painkillers.
    I keep trying to figure out what caused the flare. I travelled to CT the week b4 last, and ate some things i shouldnt have eaten, had a beer, and also it was that TOM. I also fell on some rocks, but the pain started almost a whole week AFTER the fall. OK, I will stop trying to think now, because it is hurting my head. Thanks for letting me rant.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2002]
  3. RedEye

RedEye New Member

I still don't know why I get a CFS attack. It's a definite the week before my period, other than that it just comes and goes.
    Hang in there!
  4. G

G New Member

I have FMS and suspect CFS as well, and everytime I overdo my everyday routine I will get more tired, pain, achy and feel like I been hit with an sledge hammer or hit the brick wall head on. When this happens to me and it did this past week. We had an big family event going on, we had family stopping in as well, cooked dinner for 4 adults and 1 2 year old and loved every second of it! But it hit me that night and I have finally rested and been able to get out of bed today without shaking like an baby's rattle.

We sometimes feel like we can take on the world when we are having an good day, days or week and then it hits us with the fatigue and pain just to remind us that we need to have our daily rest and routine back to normal. I know, we give up so much when we have these illnesses and it's not fair but we all need a good reminder of who we are and have fun doing what we use to do most of the time before our illnesses took so much from us. Now we have to do everything in moderation and I too get bummed out about that. Ranting will help get it off your chest and knowing that you're not alone :~)

Getting things off my chest too. Rest roro when you get tired and have your fun when you need too, but please be careful and try not to fall. Been there this week and I too hit the floor!

G
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It will hit you for no reason most of the time. I have Fibro, and there are days I did exactly nothing, and will all of a sudden feel like my legs won't hold me up, and the muscle pain is unbelieveable. Like I was digging ditches or something equally strenuous.

Like the others said, you have a family gathering, and that will zap your strength for days afterward.

My husband used to drive me crazy when I would go into a Flare, he woul keep asking,'what did you do today? were you mopping, where you gardening?' I would keep telling him, 'I did not do anything to cause this pain!!!

Finally I read him a book, a whole book on Fibro, he just 'slips' sometimes now and will ask me what I did to cause it!

I have had the 'jumping' or 'spasm' of the eyelid, but it stopped when I started taking 'Pro Energy'Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate. I think the Magnesium is just wonderful for muscle spasms, which is what Fibro is all about.

But I would have my eyes check so you can rule out any other eye problems.

I sure hope you don't have Fibro too, it has got to be more than enough to deal with CFS without the Fibro pain too.

Let us know how you are doing, and for now do get some mega rest, stay down and try to stay stress free for awhile.

Shalom, Shirl