Having breathing problems Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jul 15, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hi everyone,

Well I have been having some breathing problems when I finally do get to go out and run errands. Even at home I have trouble getting up and down the stairs.

What is strange that I am not out of shape or anything.
    I work out daily through Yoga, Balance Ball and Pilates.
    However I am still having trouble with breathing.

I think that between it being so hot out here and then being inside with the A/C, my body is just not adjusting to the change in temperature.

I was also having what it seemed like a panic attack this evening with all the running around and people everything. Very strange for me to experience.

I am going to ask my doctor about asthma possibilities or something.

What do you think?
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

is a common symptom of othrostatic intolerance. Also may may brake out in sweat, heart may feel like it's beating hard, could feel dizzy or lightheaded or just have this ill feeling and feel that you need to get sat down. Othrostatic intolerance is a very common problem for people with CFS and I suspect those with fibro too. Have read that 97% of those with CFS have a form of orthostatic intolerance. The kind I have is neurocardiogenic syncope. I suffered with this for 6 years before I was diagnosed. There's alot of info on the net about it. Oh, and you can be very fit and still have it. Even exercise can bring the symptoms on. Some people have this so serverely they get symptoms sitting up.
    Barb
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2006]
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I actually did a separate post for you, but I was wondering what you do for you cardiogenic syncope. Surely there is more than just drinking water and eatng more salt for treating orthostatic hypotension?

My doctor thinks my breathing difficulty is caused by neurological problems (the Canadian definition of CFS/ME actually lists this as a symptom) or is resulting from orthostatic or neurally mediated hypotension.

Thanks!

Kholmes
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

There are many, many reasons that people can be short of breath. I agree with others who recommended you talk with your doctor about this problem!!!

That said, I have used Air Power by Enzymatic Therapies for mild feelings of chest tightness that feel like I can't get a deep enough inhalation. I take two tablets with a glass of water, and about 20 minutes later I have forgotten there was a problem! Works better than an albuterol inhaler for me, and has no side effects.

Air Power contains guifenesin, an expectorant, and lung supportive herbs. It smells sort of like black licorice from one of the herbs.

Please consider talking to your doctor, though, ok??

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks everyone,

I am still having trouble on and off with my breathing. I wish that I could go to the ER BUT I don't want to receive another shocking bill like what I received in March and can't pay for it.

I would have to travel far 45 minutes to an ER that will treat me and not charge me anything, and since that is not an option, I just have to hang in there for now.

I haven't died yet so I guess I am in good shape for now. I see my regular doctor on Tuesday, so I think I should be okay until then.