Having helleva time giving up all sweets

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay31, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Kay31

Kay31 Member

I'm so miserable....very grouchy....everything I look at in the store seems to have sorbitol, aspertane, or some other sugar ingredient. I think I'm having "withdrawal" symptoms.

Anyone else have problems with this????

It would be so much easier if someone came up with a diet plan to follow.

Kay
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Sweets,,,,,,,,ahhh,,,,,,,,I crave them too.

Although weight is not an issue with me I know for a fact that the less processed food, white flour, and sugar that I eat makes my quality of life better.

I still struggle in the grocery store getting past the donuts, ocassionally I'll get one.

What's worked for me the best is just not to have sweets in the house. Sometimes I'll just get a jar of peanut butter and dip in with a spoon and add a little jelly....yup....probably not good but gets me over the bump.

best wishes.

Foxglove
  3. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Thanks to all for replying. Weight is not as much an issue as frustration.

Prickles, how ARE you? I'm off to that website now.

Kay
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Yeasts and bacteria compete for space in the large intestine. Healthy bacteria (Probiotics) also crowd out bad bacteria. When everything is in balance, docs call this homeostasis.

Anti-biotics kill off healthy as well as bad bacteria. So as soon as you finish your antibiotics, take Probiotics to replenish your system.

Healthy bacteria make vitamin K and systemic enzymes.

I was able to beat Candida the easiest with a product called 3-Lac, it contains three strains of Lactobacillius bacteria. Its a lemon flavored powder that you pour in your mouth (thrush is an yeast overgrowth in the mouth) and drink down with some water. I had minimal die off reactions and lost the sugar cravings.

Other sources of health bacteria:
    Lactobacillius - Buttermilk
    Acidophilus - Yogurt
    Natural cheese - depends on the cheese
    Sour Cream - blend of many bacteria
    Wine - various

Mmmm...Bacteria never tasted SO good!