HAVING HUGE PROBLEMS W/ SALT INTAKE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gisse29, Apr 5, 2006.

1. gisse29

gisse29 New Member

HEY EVERYONE GOOD MORNING....

I'VE BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE DOCTORS OFFICE RECENTLY, I'VE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH MY BLOOD PRESSURE AND MY OVER ALL HEALTH DETERATING MY DOC PRESCRIBED BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS (BENICAR HCT 40/12.5 MG AND COREG 12.5MG) THE FIRST MED THEY PRESCRIBED.. COREG 12.5 I COULD NOT HANDLE THE SIDE EFFECTS SO THEY SWITCHED ME TO BENICAR HCT BUT I'M NOT TO SURE ABOUT TAKING THEM, I'M ACTUALLY A BIT AFRAID OF THE SIDE EFFECTS SINCE I'M SO DELICATE WHEN IT COMES TO MEDS. I'VE BEEN ON A VERY LOW SODIUM DIET THAT HAS HELPED ME ALOT WITH MY BLOOD PRESSURE.

WHAT I DON;T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE MINUTE I HAVE SOMETHING WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SALT I GET SO SICK. MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES UP I GET DIZZY MY LEGS HURT LIKE HECK ALONG WITH MY CHEST AND I FEEL SO SICK I HAVE TO LIE DOWN FOR ABOUT 1/2 AN HOUR BEFORE MY BLOOD PRESSURE STARTS GOING DOWN AND I STOP GETTING DIZZY. I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME NOW WHEN IT COMES TO EATING ANY SALT. DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE EXPERIENCE THE SAME. COULD THERE BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY HEART THAT IT CAN'T TAKE ANY SALT ANYMORE. I USED TO EAT ALOT OF SALTY FOODS BEFORE. BUT THIS WHOLE PROBLEM HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS.

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY OF YOU.

THANKS

2. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

it sounds like you're allergic or intolerant to salt. You could try avoiding it for a while, then only having salty stuff every four days, as per the allergy elimination diet. Also, after a period of avoidance, you might try sea salt. It is more natural, you might not have the same reaction as you do to processed salt. You can do a search here for info on the allergy elimination diet- but just apply it to salt.