Having one of those days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Doober, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Doober

Doober New Member

Where EVERYTHING is hurting. No matter how I sit or whatever I do.

For some reason both arms are very bad today (Thank goodness all I had to move was my fingers while typing this). The back, the legs I mean everything. I feel like crawling under the desk and getting into the fetal position, but can't even think about getting in that position.

If someone even comes near me, I flinch. If someone touches me today I think I will actually scream. Bad enough at some times the eyes are welling up with slight tears.

I just had to say this or at least type this somewhere. It is hard for me to put on a front today. I am actually avoiding people contact today at work. It is hard because people see this 6'3 guy and expect such strength, but I just want to find a closet somewhere and stuff it full of pillows and beanbags and create a coccoon and just be left alone.....
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i can relate. my symptoms have flared up lately from starting a new job. it can be so depressing.

i like the idea of a coccoon of pillows and beanbags! sounds nice.=)

i hope your day goes by quickly, and you are able to endure the pain as best as possible.
  3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Just wanted to say you are not alone.

Are you able to take something for the pain?

I've been through times like that where everything hurts and it's not
    fun. I'm sorry you are feeling like this at work.

I have Fibro too.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Take care, Susan
  4. msmozart

msmozart New Member

Hang in there...I know what you are talking about. I have my Doctorate in Piano Performance and have not been able to play for over a year now. Fibro has attacked my arms and they hurt from the shoulder down. Severe, wrenching pain. However, one thing that I have found extremly helpful is a "cool" pack...not too cold and I make them myself. Here's how: take a gallon sized baggie and put 3 parts water to one part rubbing alcohol. Place in your freezer for a bit. The alcohol prevents the water from freezing rock hard...just gets kind of slushy. However, I just allow mine to get cool...about an hour. Make these for both your arms and place on them for about 20 minutes, then do the following.

Take two large tube socks and fill them about half full with regular old table salt. Tie or rubber band the tops but make sure they are loose with some "empty space" so the salt can spread out. Place each of them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and then lay on your arms...about 20 minutes too. Following the cold with a warm shock really does do wonders. The initial burst of cold will shrink the blood vessels that are causing the inflamation. The warm then, loosens the muscle where your pain is.

Trust me...I have tried everything and all the doctors want to do is give you another pill. I have totally gone off all FM meds and am treating with my Chiropractor who is recommending only natural supplements. Tylenol Arthritus has been very effective and I alternate that with Aleve--still does not take away all the pain but does help some. Try not to sleep on your side...that only puts more pressure on your arms. Will say a prayer for you today. Blessings!!!
  5. Doober

Doober New Member

I is a nice feeling to have others around to help pick you up.

A few good ideas as well that I will look into.

Again, thank you all. I do feel a little better mentally thanks to all of you.