having problems with my LTD calim

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gayatri, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gayatri

gayatri New Member

hello,

does anyone know of a good attorney to handle my disability appeal. My doctor has recommended that I limit my work activity to a max of hours with no fixed schedule. the insurnace company was quite willing to process my claim, but my employers refused to accept the 4 hour and suggested that proceed with the appeal.the insurnace company is asking for more objective evidence for my claim. Just prior to my CFS diagnosis I was criticaly ill with SBE a serious life threatening bacterial endocarditis episode and was hospitalised for 3 weeks and then home care for an additional 6 weeks. Prior to that I had to undergo breast cancer surgery with chemo and radaition, so I have serious lymphedema in my right arm.

My doctor stands by his recommendation.

Appreciate any help .

thanks gayatri
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

bump...
  3. Exfa

Exfa New Member

I have a good atty.........but i am in the midwest....are you in the midwest? my atty is good.......my dr is not cooperating. So I have the opposit problem.
  4. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

THE BEST THING TO DO IS ASK AROUND- DO YOU HAVE A LOCAL FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT GROUP?

DONT LET THE INSURACE COMPANY MESS AROUND-

OR CALL THE ERSIA.....
    JGAVI
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

So your claim is against a Private Insurance Company and
    not with the Soc Security Administration? Theres a big
    difference as to how you approach this claim if that is
    the case.(??)

Reply as you can, thanks
    MRDAD aka JOE
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

If this is a private claim, and it is a policy via your employer, then ERISSA, the federal law applies to it.

Do ask at your local FM/CFS support group, or the closest one, for referrals for disability lawyers.

Additionally, your state Insurance Commission may have some publications in regard to your rights, and their ability to assist you.

There may be some tests, such as hormonal, immune, and neurological which would assist you in your claim. Perhaps, a physical therapist or an occupational therapist could assist you with that.

There is a test, whose name escapes me, performed by physical therapists, which is administered over two days, slanted toward your job and your training and education, which is highly advantageous in determining disability. They review your doctor's reports and history and then administer the test.

They look for manual dexterity, ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, lift, move things, transcribe things, perform math, and look for fatigue, physical impediments, and mental impediments.

Even if individuals with FM or CFS struggle through the first day, it is usually very apparent on the second day that the first day has wiped them out.

Physical therapists are trained to be detectives, and their test, and the results are not considered subjective, so it can greatly assist one in obtaining a positive outcome on their claim.
  7. gayatri

gayatri New Member

hello,

tks for responding. I am in the midwest-ohio, vleveland. could you send your lawyers info, so i can make contact.

tks

gayatri
  8. gayatri

gayatri New Member

Hello MRDAD,

I have not filed for social disability as yet, but my claim to AETNA( private) was denied. Any suggestions for the appeal processs?

Thnks for responding

Gayatri
  9. gayatri

gayatri New Member

Hello,

I ma in OHIO and from my discussions it seems that ERISA is governed by Federal Laws, so I may be able to use any attorney.

Thks
    Gayatri
  10. pez23

pez23 New Member

A good site for lawyers is the Disinissues site-
    www.cfids-me.org/disinissues/lawyers.html
  11. gayatri

gayatri New Member

Thank you I will call him,

Gayatri