Having real bad hip pain going into my leg today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Wow...this really hurts. I've had it before but this takes tops. Hard for me to sit in any position. I have to go to Cleveland today 31/2 hr drive so I hope it lets up. I think its time for a hot bath soaking.
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Wow...this really hurts. I've had it before but this takes tops. Hard for me to sit in any position. I have to go to Cleveland today 31/2 hr drive so I hope it lets up. I think its time for a hot bath soaking.
    Carlacat
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I'm no doctor, but experienced the same pain several times in the last 2 yrs. Sound like the sciatica nerve. Is your side swollen in the hip area?
    Good luck. Take care. Soft hugs.
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

but it hurts. I am so sick of waking up in am with my rings so tight on my finger. What causes our hands to swell while we sleep?
    Carlacat

PS...I visit Mark Pellegrino tomarrow for my first appt so I will ask him that too. I have to try and set down today and write down some questions to ask him. He is a FM doc who has FM so i'm sure he is good since he has wrote books about this.
  5. contessa

contessa New Member

Have had the pain in my right hip for years, with muscle, nerve pain extending from my right buttock down and across my thigh muscle to my knee. I can't sleep at all on my right side, can't sit for more that 20 minutes, can't walk for crap because of it. Nothing to do but learn to live with it and hope physical therapy helps a little. I don't know why it took so long for someone to diagnose this. Rheumy didn't know, two internists' missed it, neuro missed it, finally a nurse practioner gave me a sharp poke in the hiney and hit the nerve on the head - sciatica. I though it might be a blood clot or something, maybe hip replacement. Nothing showed on X-ray either.
  6. nova

nova New Member

I have siatica too. I use nerve blocks to control it. Mine started as hip pain and then one day, WHAM all the way down to my toes.