Having surgery in less than 12 hrs.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Jun 4, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Well, in about 10 1/2 hrs. I'll be in surgery for nerve damage on my left elbow. Feeling a little anxious for some reason.

I've had 5 other surgeries on my elbows; don't know why the anxeity this time. Maybe it's because I'm afraid of going into a flare.

I have been nauseated whenever I eat for the past 3 or 4 days, so I think I have a bad case of the nerves.

I've also been overdoing it trying to get things done before tomorrow. I never did get all my plants planted. They're still sitting in the sun room. It won't quit raining long enough to plant!

Well, one good thing, after the surgery I will have to take it easy for a few days. The last surgery I was out spading my garden before the stiches were out! Got a lecture from hubby, nurse, & doc for that stunt!

Wish me well if you see this.......

Take care...Kathi
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I'm up and wishing you an easy surgery and speedy recovery. Hey, take it easy, huh!
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Less than 12 hours- it's almost over.(sigh)And afterwards you will be quite pleased with yourself for your courage. Hang in there. Try to relax. Don't worry about the plants. Mine are sitting on the porch too! (Darn rain@#$@)
    Ziggy
  4. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Not only do I wish you very well, I will pray that the nerves subside as well because you really need a peaceful sleep before surgery. Sometimes we tend to overdo while trying to prepare for something like this and really throws our anxiety in hyper-drive! Take care of yourself, allow plenty of healing time before going back to all your usual activities, ok? love, Rebel
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will also keep you in my prayers. Please try for a goodnights sleep too, and don't worry about getting everything done before you go. You will wear yourself out.

I know what you mean with the gardening, it takes every bit of restraint that I have to keep myself from planting and going overboard with it.

What I do now when I have new plants in pots, I bought a small childs swimming pool and put a couple of inches of water in it so if I can't get to the plants I know they will be fine untill I get to them. Any large container will do, but the little pools are so cheap and they work just great............

Take care hon, and know that you are in our thoughts.......

Shalom, Shirl
  6. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I know all will turn out fine and in a few weeks you'll feel so much better. I've had 5 surgeries, so I know the drill.....but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    ~Tina~
  7. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks for your well wishes & prayers. I'll be leaving in 5 min.

I'll let you know how it went!!

Take care.....Kathi
  8. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

wishing you well and said a little prayer that all goes well and that you have a flareless and speedy recovery. ..Sherry
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Nerves are verrrrry slow to heal, so take it easy and take extra vitamin B-12, which is good for nerves. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  10. dsames

dsames New Member

Hi Kathi:

This was probably posted after you left for the hosp, I just got on the board.

However your name is added to my prayer list. I pray that
    God will help you through the surgery and while you are recuperating. Be good to yourself and don't overdo.
    Shirley
  11. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

And blessings and healings coming down. Keep us posted on your recooperation.
  12. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Take some deep breaths, no sense getting yourself stressed out. I'm sure that's easier said than done. Keep yourself busy today and your mind off it. My thoughts are with you. Tulip
  13. tedebear

tedebear New Member

You are in our thoughts. Speedy recovery and gentle teddy hugs to you today and in days of recovery.
  14. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Bumping!
    ~Tina~
  15. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Thanks for all the prayers & good wishes from all you wonderful people! I'm home & feeling very good! Haven't even taken a pain pill yet & the block wore off about 3 1/2 hrs ago!!!

I'll write more tomorrow. Going to go lay down & watch the idiot box.lol

Take care.........Kathi
  16. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Take it easy, sleep as much as you can, and let us know how you are doing in a few days!!
    Take care!
    ~Tina~

[ advertisement ]