Having surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, Nov 20, 2002.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am scheduled for outpatient surgery on Monday, November 25 at 7 AM. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. My last outpatient surgery on August 1 sent me into a flare and I am really not out of it and here I go again. This is an endometrial ablation to hopefully stop the uterine bleeding I have been having for 121 days now. Uugh!!! Hoping this prevents or delays a hysterectomy. Dr's not sure why this is happening, but I was dx with Polycystic Ovary (ovarian) Syndrome too. My husband tonight said
    "It's not the person with the most diseases that wins you know". Of course he was kidding. He is wonderful. I now have ... TMJD
    Osteoarthritis in the jaw and neck
    Fibromyalgia
    Possible myofacial pain
    Ruptured discs in my back
    Migraines
    and now PCOS

They say that God doesn't give us more than we can handle but I believe he thinks way to highly of me.

Anyway, please think of me Monday and pray for the best. I appreciate all of you and the support you give.

Janine
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am scheduled for outpatient surgery on Monday, November 25 at 7 AM. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. My last outpatient surgery on August 1 sent me into a flare and I am really not out of it and here I go again. This is an endometrial ablation to hopefully stop the uterine bleeding I have been having for 121 days now. Uugh!!! Hoping this prevents or delays a hysterectomy. Dr's not sure why this is happening, but I was dx with Polycystic Ovary (ovarian) Syndrome too. My husband tonight said
    "It's not the person with the most diseases that wins you know". Of course he was kidding. He is wonderful. I now have ... TMJD
    Osteoarthritis in the jaw and neck
    Fibromyalgia
    Possible myofacial pain
    Ruptured discs in my back
    Migraines
    and now PCOS

They say that God doesn't give us more than we can handle but I believe he thinks way to highly of me.

Anyway, please think of me Monday and pray for the best. I appreciate all of you and the support you give.

Janine
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are having yet another problem Janine. I will surely be praying for you and the doctor that is doing the surgery too.

I think what you said often; 'I think God thinks too highly of me sometimes'! You made me smile with that one.

Be assured of my prayers.

Shalom,Shirl
  4. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

Prayers coming your way. God Bless.LindaGa
  5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

all day the 25th! After get tons of rest! Let the house get messy and everyone eat fast food! Don't jump back in too soon! That's when the flares happen! Think happy thoughts...sounds like you already have the right attitude! We'll be waiting here for your return! Take your time!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up. I hope this puts an end to this problem. As you get ready for your surgery use imaging in your mind to think about how the surgery is going to be a big success and how much better you will be when it's over. All you have to do is lie back and recover. Believe you will. It helps.

Love, Mikie
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Good luck to you, Janine, I'll be thinking of you on Monday! I had a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy this summer done outpatient (I, too, was bleeding nearly all the time--I used to say I single-handedly kept the O.B. tampon people in business) and it went OK, but definitely plan to have plenty of pain meds and time to do nothing but rest--I think we definitely take way more time to recover from these procedures than most folks. Whenever they give you the "post-op instructions" (you know, the sheet that says if you're feeling OK, you can pop up like toast and go to work the next day!) I always want to crumple them up and say, "OK, where's the instructions for FIBROMYALGIA PATIENTS???" because hardly any of the regular jazz is appropriate for us!

Anyway, allow lots of time to recover and maybe you'll avoid the big flare. I don't take any prescriptions for FM, just supplements, but you better believe I took my vicodin after the procedures I had---I figured if I addressed the post-surgery pain, I probably had less chance of going into a real FM flare.

Good luck, Janine, and let us know how it all goes!

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Janine:

Good luck to you on Monday. I've had quite a few surgeries myself the past ten years, so I can relate to how nerve wracking it can be. Anyway, let us know how you are doing. Hope the surgery is a success.

Ellen
  9. teacher

teacher New Member

Take care and don't let them get you down before you even start! I had outpatient surgery last Christmas and I can totally relate to it throwing you into a flare. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

teacher
  10. pamela

pamela New Member

I will definitely pray for you. Listen to everyone on this board as I read the other replies to your post and they are right!!! I know how you feel.. Love Pamela
  11. lmn

lmn New Member

I'll be praying for you too. Speedy recovery, lmn
  12. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I will think of you! Last year I had a D&C for a fibroid and it went fine. Just make sure you get the rest you need and try to stay calm!

Annette2