Having trouble sleeping and staying alseep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 5, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

What a long - Long day this has been for me. For some unknown reason I kept waking up every few hours last night. I went to be a bit eariler than I usually do but this was riduclous. I was up at midnight, 2 am , 4:40 am and then I drifted off and on till about 9 am and then I was wide awake.

Maybe it was my husband who woke me up as he was not sleeping good either. Today I have folded towels , cleaned the stairwells and the stairs and loaded my dishwasher. That was too much for me to do. It sounds like I really didn't do any thing but for me that was more than I should have done.

I laid down for a while but could not sleep untill I was watching TV and then I would drift off and on. I could hear the TV on but was really out of it. I just wanted to sleep.

I have been having some trouble getting to sleep lately, I don't know why . I have taken a warm bath to help relax me once I was warm I was ok.
    When I go to bed I have to put a towel in the dryer and get it hot and put it by my feet as they are so so cold ,my toes seem to be freezing in the evenings so that is why the hot towels. I find that I sleep better when I am warmed up a bit.

I don't know why I can't sleep or stay alseep . But then with fibro and chronic pain who knows why anything happens to me.

I would just like to go to bed and fall alseep in just a few moments but that does not happen often. I am calling my doctor later to tell him about this. I Hope that he can help me fall alseep. But who knows?
    Wish my luck.
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have no trouble falling asleep but I do wake up off and on all night because I am in so much pain.Took years for the Drs. to get it in their heads,I do not need a sleeping pill.I need better pain medication for when I go to sleep.But I am only allowed 3 Vicodin a day and my last one is taken at 3PM.So by 2-3 am I am awake suffering,no chance of falling back to sleep.
  3. swehling

swehling New Member

Hi- go to the search slot and type in "sleep". You should get all the info about this problem and what you can do about it!
    Susan