Having trouble taking care of my 9 month old. HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shannonrn, Mar 19, 2003.

1. shannonrn

shannonrn New Member

I just recently posted the other day about herbs or supplements to help fatigue but I'm posting again. Has anyone had any luck with `effexor or wellbutrin to help combat fatigue. Also did anyone ever experience a decrease in pain with the effexor? Any suggestions would help. I'm curently taking trazodone and lexapro at night and sleeping like a baby (10 hours uninterrupted) but I have overwhelming fatigue during the day.
    I'm desperate.
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I have had no success with any type of meds improving fatigue. However, I have been in your shoes trying to take care of a baby and being so tired. I actually had TWINS, and I know first-hand how difficult it can be. My only advice would be to rest when your baby rests, and lie down where you can see your little one crawling around. Good luck.

Hippo
  3. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

It is so hard to figure out what works for you, it is trial & error unfortunatly because we are all different. I used to use effexor and it actually brought on more anxiety for me and it did help with the energy, hard to sleep at night - that is where your sleeping meds will help. I honestly didn't like the way it made me feel.

I recently started a herbal liquid called "floradix", it is an herbal iron supplement and I noticed a differece in energy. I get it from Whole Foods (health food store) and it also comes in a yeast free formula. I thought it was worth a try because it is natural. Just a suggestion for something natural. Take care and I so hope you feel better!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry for your fatigue just when you need your energy the most. Is there any way you can get someone to help out during the day? Any Grandmas or Grandma wannabes nearby? Anyone from your church or friends? Even a few hours a week would be a big help.

You may not be getting quality sleep even though you are getting a normal amount of sleep. The ZMA sold here has been a big help for many. Talk to your doc to see if he can prescribe something for you.

Love, Mikie