Having trouble with my eyesight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Apr 24, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I have been having difficulty with my vision for years but within the last six months things are getting worse. I always dizzy, my heas feels like it going back and forth. I can't use the computor for very long because the screen makes me dizzy and nauses. And I've got a black floating speck in my left eye which scares me because I can't see wel out of my other.

Last Friday I had a MRI done on my back to determine the cause of my back pain . No news yet but I'm guessing that it is to soon.

My husband has been wanting to take me to the hospital for weeks now because the pain has been so bad but ya all know that they would only give me a shot in the butt and send me on my way home.

Anyone else ever had these kind of symtoms?
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Yes, I have vision troubles, sometimes severe. I had it more often when I had migraines, and it was part of the "aura" surrounding them.

Many with CFs or FM have vision problems. Maybe do a search on this site and see if any info?

I know a CFS/FM person who has 4 different pairs of glasses, her eyesight changes so often!

I have just been dx'd with macular degeneration and have a very small cataract on r. eye....This has developed during the past 3 years, so it came on suddenly.

With FM and/or CFS, we can have blood flow problems to the eyes, which can affect our sight.

Would only suggest you have a good opthalmologist exam. If nothing identified, sometimes these symptoms just pass, as with a lot of things with these dds...

Best to you...
    findmind
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I have terrible trouble with my vision. I see black spots, white light, 'auras', things 'move' when I look away from them, floaters.

I have photosensitivity, double vision, & the muscles don't track properly so I have trouble driving & cannot get through a shopping centre because my eyes will just not 'work'.

My visual problems can sometimes be totally disabiling, although my eyes are essentially 'fine'.
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Like someone else said, I have several pairs of Dollar Store glasses (.25. .50 & .75). I keep the .25 in my purse as I sometimes cannot see the computer screen.

When I was first dx I noticed my left eye was blurry and thought it was just my age catching up with me and time to get glasses, so I dropped about $200 on an eye exam and glasses. All was well. At least for 2 weeks...

About 2 weeks later I noticed that things were blurry in my left eye WITH MY GLASSES ON! I took them off and discovered that I could see perfectly well again. HUH??? I went around saying, who's eye sight gets BETTER???

Then I posted about it here and found out that I am not alone. I just wish I had found out BEFORE the $200 and not after...

Sigh...
  5. snickerdoodle48

snickerdoodle48 New Member

years ago I had several bouts with pain in my right eye. Nothing could be found. I have been wondering for several weeks if that might have been the start of the fibro?? Anyone know? snickerdoodle