Hayley- Myofascial trigger points

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Just wanted to thank you for all your valuable info regarding myofascial trigger points and the neurotransmitter topic.

I just got back from another chiro/massage appointment and we discovered knots all down the sides of my legs(like a strand of pearl necklace) and calves. So that's neck, upper shoulders, back, and legs are under full discovery now.

I'm going 3 times per week and this guy is a charm! I also bought that book you mentioned.

I have a massager with the infrared red heat on one side and the 2 knobs on the other. It will be a blessing but I don't want to overwhelm my body too much and the chiro said to let him do the work for now. He wants me to drink lots of water and ice the areas throughout the day at 15-20 min. time limits.

And just wanted to mention that the chiro is doing the myofascial release first before any adjustments.

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Wanted to ask you. Did you have pain all over? and did you work on little areas at a time. The chiro can't believe how deep he can go on me especially back. Keeps asking if it hurts. In reality it feels good!! I told him that I'm sub-human!
    Last night I tried the sides of my legs with the theracane, but I have to stop myself from being too aggressive! I ice after.
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Wow, you are one determined girl! and I'm discovering alot about my body and how to spot one of those trigger points. I seem to have clusters together when I locate them. Trust me you know when you hit one. They sting!

One thing I've noticed that that's repetitive work (using the same muscles) makes this worse. The chiro told me NO PAINTING!! We are packing up to move in one month and I'm trying to get this house in order for the next owners. I figure if the house is priced so high I better make it presentable and that includes new paint in some areas. Now my son will paint the one bedroom and I'm off bounds for that job. Also I try not to stay on the computer too long.

thanks again for all your great advice. You just might be saving alot of unneccessary pain.

Cindy

4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

When I was having Myofascial Release Therapy, I got careless and forgot to drink enough water one time. I was amazed at how crummy I felt. It really can release a load of toxins into your system. If your chiropractor is working on you three times a week, I think you should do as he says and not do any more yourself.