HBP and low blood pressure on avalide pressure 85 over 56

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, May 24, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Does anyone think that is to low? I do so I bought one of the self things.
    I went into 2 different stores and it was all about the same.
    So I am wondering is my blood pressure to low and what to do?
    Calling Doc is crazy he thinks I am crazy?? lol

Would you not feel weak and tired if you blood pressure is to low?
    I did get one to test in the morning. I would wake up in the morning with a headache and swelling in face and body.
    I am going to continue taking it, I do not want to have a stroke
    the only thing I have done different is start the coq10.

any ideas
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I would not know what to tell you about your blood pressure reading and what it means.

I take it this is different than what your usual readings are since you mentioned the only thing that has changed is the CoQ10?

I find it kind of concerning that you hesitate to call your doctor. Would you feel comfortable changing doctors? I would not put off calling him/her. If you are not getting the treatment you deserve and have the option of changing doctors, you might consider this. I have no idea if the machines in the stores are accurate or not.

It may not be anything but probably best to have this checked out or call your doctor and tell him/her what is going on.

Keep us updated.

[This Message was Edited on 05/24/2009]
  3. simpsons

simpsons Member

my understanding is that low blood pressure will makeyou feel terrible. i always do when mine is low

are you getting the recommended amount of salt in your diet? you need salt in your diet. its said to raise blood pressure. julia newton from me research uk was talking about this at invest in me conference last year. she said people reduce their salt intake to be healthy but that you do need it to function.

i now make sure i get enough salt and drink plenty of fluids.

get a good dr to check it out for you