Head ache question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by raspberrykisses, Mar 9, 2007.

1. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

Normally I wouldn't even ask about headaches because I know that it's just part of the whole FM/CFS but I have had the wierdest headache today and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. All day long I've had these five minute headaches going on. They are killer headaches almost flooring me but they only last for 5 minutes at a time then 20-40 minutes later there it is again for anotehr 5 minutes.
  2. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

Sometimes I have headaches that come and go. Usually last longer than 15 minutes in one spot then move to another spot..Weird huh. I also have what I call Zaps or Zings which are like shooting pains in my head, they are not very long in size and only happens occassionaly. My mother has them too.
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

My suggestion to anyone who experiences any new head pain is to see their physician -- the sooner the better IMHO.

Headaches may be nothing or everything but should be investigated by a physician.

Best of luck to you -- feel better,

Karen :)

4. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

Actually it was mostly like above my right eyebrow.
  5. momof471

momof471 New Member

I get these really sharp stabbing headaches in the right side of my head. Doesn't happen very often, but they floor me when it does! Lasts maybe about 10 minutes. These of coursee are on top of the regular headaches.

God Bless
  6. clerty

clerty New Member

Is briliant for headaches !!!
  7. mezombie

mezombie Member

Your symptoms could originate from many causes. Have you been to a neurologist? I'd want to know what was going on. Don't just assume it's part of your CFS/FM.
  8. LaQuiet

LaQuiet New Member

..been getting them for about 6 months and finally went to an ENT since my doc just ignored them.. I got an MRI thursday and will let you know what the results are if any.
  9. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Do some research on "cluster headaches". The pain from these are horrible.
  10. bellagirlc4

bellagirlc4 New Member

are talking about. I get these 5 sec. jabs in both sides of my head. I have mentioned them to my dr. but he does not seem to concerned. about 20 years ago I got such a terrible headache that it knocked me down. The dr. said I may have had a mini stroke and left it at that. I have had that happen to me twice. The "jabs" I get now are not like that but they are pretty painful. I dont know what to think of them. I take gabapentine also but doesnt help with the "jabs".
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2007]
  11. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I get terrible cluster headaches as someone else mentioned earlier. Mine are longer (3-6 hours) and come about twice a day for about 8 weeks. They are truly the most painful thing I experience.

Mine are quite severe and kind of atypical but Cluster Headaches can be shorter that that. It's worth checking out.

I take Relpax for them but it's like taking speed.

Sofi