HEAD HOT ON TOP WITH WORSE HEADACHE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TAM, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,
    I have a headache 24/7 it never goes away and at some point each day my headache will get worse and when it does the top of my head gets so hot it truely feels like it is on fire.

MY son is 14 yrs old he is taller then me coarse most people are i'm only 5". Anyway my son hugged me and kissed the top of my head and he backed up and said wow your headache is worse huh. That's how warm it gets. It's like that right now. Geez does anyone else get this? Thanks. I wish everyone a good day and better health. Tammy
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Having headaches 24/7 is a real bummer. I don't get them that often but sometimes they do move around to the top of my head.
    What are you taking for you headaches? There are a number of good meds available so I hope you can see you doctor and get something. If one thing doesn't work, try something else.
    If the headaches are from tight neck muscles, a massage might help. Also, acupuncture can help some people.

Kathy.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Sometimes I get bad headaches and will get an ice bag and place it on top of my head. The ice helps quite a bit cause it restricts the bloodvessels in your head and calms the headache.

kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2006]
  4. tiredohsotired

tiredohsotired New Member

Hi Tam,
    I can relate to this and I feel so bad for you. My headaches sound so much like yours. Mine occur 4 or 5 times a week sometimes, 4 or 5 days in a row with no relief. The top of my head gets hot, my vision blurs and everything just plain hurts. My doctor has me on 25mg of Topamax twice a day and if I feel a mirgraine coming on I take one Relpax 40mg. So far this treatment has helped me tremendously. I have also tried the ice pack and it does help too. Good luck.
  5. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi Tam

yes, I get this too. I've had a constant headache for nearly 5 months now. Its worse in the evening, usually on the left side, and my head gets really hot too.

I get some relief using one of those frozen gel packs. Its only temporary, but it does help until I can get to bed.

Take care
    Michelle