Head in a vice when wearing glasses?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0808, Mar 13, 2009.

1. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I suffer so much pain when I wear my glasses !!

I have to put cotton wool pads on my nose to keep the glasses off my face and behind my ears it feels like a ridge where the glasses frame digs into me !When I take my glasses off I feel as though my head has been in a vice !!!!

I also suffer when I wear a headband.......pain again.

I used to wear my mums and my own wedding ring but had to have them cut off because my fingers started to bleed under the rings.

Do we swell???? It all causes more pain for me. Anyone else??

2. daylight

daylight New Member

You could be retaining water or high blood pressure . You may want to get a check up.
    Swelling could be cause by a great many things. Generally Fm doesn't cause swelling for most people but I've read that some people here do have swelling. I was told by my Rhuemy that Fm doens't cause swelling. But who knows? I'd still get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
  3. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

What you have described here is exactly what I suffer from !
    Everything I do hurts me.I always say I am like the princess and the pea because I am so senstive to everything.

I cant stand to have my (very thin now) fringe on my forehead because it hurts and annoys me so much...the shower thing also.....have not been able to wear any kind of jewellry for years because of the pain on my skin......My scalp is always sore to the touch.

I will look into this and THANK YOU !!!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2009]
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

FM doesn't cause swelling of the joints - we don't have inflammation, BUT you can have fluid retention. I have it terribly - not just from eating salty foods, but heat, even being on my feet a lot will cause me to swell.
    I could never ever wear headband, even a hat bothers me - long before being diagnosed.
    That's probably why when I see babies with those little headbands on their heads it makes me nuts. They look so uncomfortable!

I know what you mean about your bangs touching your forehead and it making you crazy - I have the same feeling, not all the time, but sometimes.

I take Furosemide for my water retention. It helps a lot. If you have fluid retention it's easy to tell, when I poke on my skin (calves), I get a white imprint, when I bend my toes or fingers, the knuckles are white. Also with my legs, they're very "full", can't grab the skin.

Talk to your doctor. Bleeding under your rings? - ouch, how painful!!!