Head pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susigirl53, Jul 20, 2006.

1. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone out there experience pain right on the back of their head. I had a short bout of this last year, but it went away.

It came back about 6 months ago and is unrelenting. I can't lie on my back in bed or put my head against the back of my chair.

I also have pain and muscle spasms at the base of my skull, there are varied opinions on the cause of this pain (just depends on what doc you talk to.

I did some research and did find that there are trigger points in the back of the head, but this feels different than my other trigger points.

I don't really know any of you, but have been watching this site for a few days now and have posted a few things.

I have added all of you to my prayers, I don't know your faces, but I feel your pain, and God knows each and every one of you and all you suffer, and He loves each of you.

I pray you all give your burden to Him, He welcomes it...He gets me through every day, and I don't know how I would do it without Him!

I will continue to pray for each of you, and "don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big God is"!

Your sister in Christ,
    Sue

2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am sorry you are having such awful headaches. I am also having headaches. Mine are almost constant, located at the temples of my head. It feels as if there is a giant hand sqeezing my brains out somedays. I can't stand lights or noise. I think they are migraines. Headaches are just the pitts aren't they?

I've been a member of this forum for a couple years now, I think. I know it's been quite awhile anyhow, haha! There are some really nice people here. i think you will like it here. there is a worship message board also if you are interested. I pray for everyone here too. I know God loves us all and knows the pain we all suffer from. That is the only thing that keeps me sane at times.

Take care!
    Kellyann
  3. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

Sorry about your pain, but welcome! It's a great place for wisdom and understanding!

I have the same headache as you!! The tiny muscles and nerves that go up under the bone at the base of the skull are really hard to get to.

The majority of my pain is in the upper 1/2 of my back, both shoulders, and up into the neck.

The pain management clinic that I go to does what's called "cervical facet joint blocks". I also get trigger point injections into the trapezius muscles in my back. The procedure doesn't take all the pain away, but it helps with the headache tremendously. Brings it down to where it's controllable with pain meds anyway!!

Hope this helps you some!! Please fill out your profile so we can get to know you better!!
  4. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I sneezed about a week ago, now my neck, head, ache in many different places. It feels like I sprained something, I also get allergies very easy, so it could be a combination of things. The pain does make me dizzy at times, I also have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. That is lights, sound, odors, such as cleaning products, anything strong. So, this all makes my headaches worse.

Take Care!! SB
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

sorry you head is hurting so bad.

Haleycole who is on this board seem to know a lot about these trigger points and how to get relief you might give her a shout out and I am sure she will help you.

Just put her name in the title and she is sure to answer.

Hope you feel better soon,

Karen :)
  6. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

What profile gidgetsmon? I'm very new to this.

Sue
  7. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

Many thanks Nancy for all the info you gave me! This whole head thing is so frustrating. I have suffered from headaches since I was 14 (that is when the tumor I had started acting up), and since the removal when I was 18, headaches have been a part of life. But these that I have started having now at 53 are unlike anything I have ever experienced! 4 years ago I was functioning at such I higher rate than I am since I moved back to VT, I love my husband, but sometimes I just wonder if this is all worth it. I have given it up to God though, He led me here for a reason, He has plans for me that He has yet to reveal...I need to hang on to that. Days like today, that is more difficult to do! Thank you again.

Sue