Head pressure, not ache. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tennisnut, Dec 28, 2009.

1. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

Hi there. After any social activity, I suffer from a very uncomfortable feeling of pressure in my head. Also my brain seems to be flitting around, causing bigtime fatigue. The only "cure" for me is to lay down in a dark quiet place.

My naturopath suggested it is like panic attack, but I looked it up and it does not seem as severe. These episodes can be followed by days of fatigue and even more inactivity than ususal.

Does anyone else have these feelings? and more importantly has anyone had any success with treating? I'm thinking of something sedative. I am not on medication.
    Thanks if anyone can help here. Cheers TN
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2009]
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

this is not a panic attack. I know exactly what you are talking about. have tried to figure this out also.

overstimulation,talking more than usual and sometimes mcs is the only thing I can think of. Pressure like your head is stuffed but like u said the brain flitting around,like its trying to calm down.

Its a crash. I take clonzepam and lortab.

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

this is my main symptom. nothing helps at all. when i take a benzo to sleep, the pressure eases for a few hours.

i am hoping i will be positive for xmrv and that treating the virus might help this swelling.

it is awful!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Perhaps these social activities make your blood pressure go up, therefore causing the uncomfortable feeling of pressure in your head.

When my brain feels like that it is usually when I have not had enough sleep.
  5. MKate

MKate New Member

Yes -- and I have to go laydown and rest. Doesn't have to be dark - but sometimes it does have to be quiet.

It's not panic attacks....Yikes when are these doctors going to listen to our symptoms???

I hope it gets better. I take Nabumetone when the stay for more than a day. It decreases the inflammation in the brain and spinal column for me.

6. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

for your comments. I knew I wouldn't be alone in this. It's pretty life destroying, isn't it, as it's always hard to bear noise and too much activity and I can't take too much of the human voice either before the "pressure" begins. TN