Head Squeezing and Stiff

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrofind, Sep 1, 2006.

1. fibrofind

fibrofind New Member

I have many fibromyalgia symptoms but the one that is the worst is the constant pressure I feel in my head. Does anyone else feel this way and if so how are you coping with it:

I cannot sit down and see straight. Pain comes on my forehead and eyes. My face and ears tighten up and sometimes tingle. I feel swollen all the time in my brain. The muscle in my head feels like it is being squeezed and feels very stiff. My mouth and throat feel dry. My jaw hurts. This is happening most of the day.

The rest of the body is not far behind in pain: My neck, my shoulders, my shoulder blades, and my spine hurt most of the time. My sides and middle of chest feel like they are burning all the time and I cannot sit down.

2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

FIBROFIND,

You almost sound like ME. The worse or the most aggravating symptoms is the feeling tht my heat is ful of prressure and is almost about to explode. My neck and shoulders are not far behind . I have also been going to a Physical Therapist which has helped the mobility in my neck alot but I still feel pressure in my head. Do you also have tinnitis ( ringing in the ears)? I have had that for along time also..

I have had lots of weird FM symptoms and fatigue for over 20 years and was finally diagnosed about 5 months ago. It is about time, wouldn't you say. I am just of gen Klonopin and Gen Flexeril at night , fairly small doseages which helps me sleep.

I hate to take alot of meds and nothing so far has touched the tinnitis or the pressure in the head feeling. I think when I started some years ago I might have had some different heaches more up top like a band around my head. Now it is more down below and close to the neck area or in the middle back area. When I shake my head back and forth I hear lots of weird noises. I do not know how to explain it . Maybe you have the same thing.

Also, do you hear your heartbeat or pulse sometimes, and often when you are lying down with your ear against the pillow. It is so annoying and then I change positions in hopes that I do not hear it again. I do not have to be lying down however.

Anxious to hear from you. You are the closest I have heard that sounds like my weird head symptoms. The therapist tried something to make the tinnitis stop by sticking her fingers in my mouth ( it hurt a bit too) but it did not work ad she tried a few other things and I think she gave up on me, as far as that goes anyway.

Bye for now. Why do I always feel like my head is getting ready to explode ? I also hear more ringing when I press my head in the back. Talk about weird but no one seems to know much about it. Any ideas how to get rid of it - huh ???? That is not my only symptoms but that is the most aggravating, when my back is not acting up too, I was also dxed as CMPS.

Blessings,

Granniluvus (Marilyn)
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That head thing is the pits. I was told it is the muscle spasms in the neck and shoulders that travel through the jaw and into the head. I hate it. Also with the dizzy lighhead thing on top of that brain about to burst sensation.

Valium helps mine a lot, just 1mg at bedtime.

Love Anne
  4. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

I read your post, and thought, "OMG. All this time, and I thought I was the only one.."

It is the WEIRDEST thing, yes? I was lucky a few years ago to have access to a wuunderful myofascial therapist, who did some trigger point release techniques.. (insurance stopped covering it a few years ago, but I'm trying for it again.)

Will your insurance plan possibly allow this? (My doctor wrote a script for myofascial/general stretching and mobility, and the physical therapist was able to slip it in there for me.)

I also do some pushing on the trigger points myself, and it gives temporary relief..

Do these flares last long for you? Please let me know more..

Hugs,
    Brenda
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Fibrofind and all,

Has anyone also had ringing in the ears with. I feel that it has something to do with the pressure.

Sorry gotta run but this is a very aggravating symtpom !

Hugs,

(Granniluvsu) Marilyn
  6. birdkeeper

birdkeeper New Member

By any chance has anyone been struck from behind in an automobile accident? I have 3 times and I believe this is what caused my Fibro to begin along with a few other tramatic situations. Gosh it hurts so bad I hate when I stand up and feel the throbbing in my head it feels like someone turned off the sound and is squeezing my brain telling me to sit back down.