head swells

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by violettekb, Jan 10, 2003.

1. violettekb

violettekb New Member

The back of my head is swollen and hurts constantly. Sometimes I have to support my head/ Now, sides are swollen, even my glasses hurt. Anyone else have this?
    Have FM/CFS/polymyalgia rheumatica, RA/ diabetes/osteoarthritis-cold sensitivity/ poor memory/confusion and etc. Wow. No wonder I hurt. Today I'd like to cut off my thumbs.
    But, what about swollen head?
  2. starstella

starstella New Member

areas on my head that are puffy and painful. I consider them trigger points. I was going to put a post out asking for suggestions on how to deal with these. According to some literature by devin s. and claire davis, trigger points in the neck and shoulders can lead to head pain. I don't know if that is the cause or if the spots on the head are satellite trigger points.

Anyway, although mine are not as bad as yours, I have to be careful not to allow anything to press on these spots, pillows, etc or else I get bad headaches. I just try gentle scalp massages frequently during the day. I'd love to hear about any other ideas regarding this.
  3. Carina

Carina New Member

I have been to the dr. and a dermatologist about the painful sores on my head. Nothing has really helped. Just last night I felt as if my head was going to explode it hurt all over. I went to my friend's whose deceased wife had FMS, and he found all kinds of triggerpoints in the back of my neck and some< I understood, satillights (can't spell it now) in various places around the back of my head and above my ears. After he rubbed those to a massive boney area & pressed on them my headache was 50% better right away. I still believe I have more problems than that with the sores and will continue to see a doctor about that.I hope this helps you find relief. One word of caution, DON'T press the spine at the base of head.
    Good lck,
    Carina
  4. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

you better see your doctor about it. It could be that thing that goes along with PMR where the veins in your head get inflamation. Can't think of the name right off the top of my head but it can lead to blindness and even strokes. Do have it checked out. They can take a little biopsy through your skin to see if that's what it is. Good Luck and God bless.