Headache Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Mar 8, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I cant believe I am still reading this and typing...but if I dont, I will cry. I have a headache that is soooo bad. Had it all day at work and could only take excederin and then tramadol. Still no relief..so I took two Fiorocets...still getting worse? What else could I still take? It has only been 3 hours since the fiorcets?

I hate this dd...

jmq
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Please be careful mixing OTC with prescription meds. I have taken fioricet for my horrid migraines for several years and can take up to 6 (in one day) but I am very cautious about taking that many unless I am pretty bad. I have a limited script since fioricet is a narcotic. Are you maybe coming down with a bug? Try to get some sleep. I would be calling the DR first thing in the morning.

(((((((((( hugs )))))))))))
  3. pat460

pat460 New Member

Sorry your hurting so bad. Please don't think I'm crazy but, here's what I do to ease a bad headache--take a large hankerchief, cloth baby diaper, or a similar cotton cloth and double it into a triangle. Then lay it down on a table and start folding it into a strip about 2 inches wide. Wet the middle part of your strip in ice cold water. Tie it around your head as tight as you can stand it. The combination of pressure and cold eases my head every time. It might not stop the pain, but it will make it tolerable. I learned this remedy from my mom who has suffered 35 years with headaches.

Also, I saw a post on the sinus board about grape seed extract helping headaches and sinus problems. Think I'll try that soon.

Try the cotton rag, it can't hurt to give it a whirl! pat460
  4. revlcb

revlcb New Member

This won't help you now, but thought I'd let you know what's helped me so maybe you could look into it.

I used to get two or more migraines per week. My Dr. put me on Atenolol, which is a beta blocker for migraines, not the blood pressure, that it's intended for. In the 10+ years I"VE taken it, I've only had one breakthrough migraine.

Again, I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad and that I'm not much help when you need it immediately. Can only send along {{{{HUGS}}}}
  5. Ginner

Ginner New Member

I understand. Headaches..
    1.If it is a worbly headache (all over) like your brains are knocking around:
    I take darvocet, wrap my cervical collar and hot pack around my head,turn the lights off and tell everyone that I am not home! sorry, not a time for lol

2.If my headache is in my eyebrows, cheeks I try sinus med-otc benadryl alergy seems to help me.
    I have gone to the ER with headaches also.
    I feel so badly for you...hope you get better right now jmq.
    Gin
  6. clerty

clerty New Member

Is it any better I have been in hosptal twice with that problem not nice I found that stugeron help me when I am like that.