Headache ouch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kinsie, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Have you ever had a headache come on you out of the blue, and have you out of commission for 2 days?

I used to have a headache all the time, just a dull pounding. Then I started taking Vioxx ( wish it was still around). It seemed like it helped with all over pain, and headaches too.

Then when Vioxx went away, my doctor prescribed Arthrotec. It is not as good, but it still helped alot.

Now, when I my head hurts, I can usually take an over the counter medication, and it does pretty well.

Yesterday I got up with my head hurting, and it got worse and worse all day until last night I thought I was going to scream. I tried everything. Heat, cold, massage, blah blah blah. My neck was tense, and I think it was stemming from that, but why it was tense, I don't know. I am not working anymore, and my stress level has gone down.

The only thing I can think of is that I was laid off from my job of 23 years all of a sudden without warning, (in an unjust manner, there's a long story). I have an attorney, and am fighting it. Even though I'm enjoying being home, maybe there is underlying stress linked to all this work mess.

Anyway, I'm finally starting to get a little better. Whew! You couldn't function if this happened very often.

I don't know how many of you have headaches associated with FM, but it's no fun.

What do you all take when this happens?

Kinsie
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

yes i have headaches and usually I just take advil because I can"t take alot of meds,
    but I have found my come from my neck muscles and trigger points, I"ve invested in a thera cane and the trigger point book and it has helped alot for me I"m still learning. lots of luck hope you find something to ease the pain. sixtyslady
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

!/2 hour. Migraines are one of the symptoms of FMS.Linda
  4. cct

cct Member

The only thing that I have found that works for on my bad headaches is a product called "NeuroBoost". It is manufactured by Dews Labratories.
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

My number choice here would be a massage, especially a neck massage. Unfortunately my family hides when I mention the massage word! LOL

Sorry you head is hurting so bad Kinsie. I get really bad migraines and take imitrex for them.

hugs Redwillow
  6. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I am coming off a 2 dayer myself. I hope it is going away and not just numbed from the meds. Keeping my fingers crossed
  7. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I appreciate your replies. I'm better now, but it makes you feel like you've been run over by a truck!

Kinsie