Headache question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Oct 18, 2005.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi All~
    For those who get bad headaches,...any kind.
    Do you find that they run in streaks??
    I've been having alot of headaches lately.
    Like ever other day!! Sometimes they feel like Migraine,..other times like sinus or tension??

Maybe its the fall weather?
    Same thing last yr. More frequent in the fall/winter months.??

Thanks for replying~
    Tandy
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

When my head hurts the worse I usually have alot of pain in my jaws too and my upper neck.It has gotten better now since my FM has decreased in pain.

Hope you get better.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

If they are more frequent in the spring and fall, they may be due to allergies.

Do any of the sinus headache medicines help? Or just allergy medicine?

I used to have a lot of headaches, but they were related to hormones and stress.

Hope you feel better,
    Janet
  4. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

My headaches have no pattern at all, I wake up with one and I go to sleep with one, 7 days a week.
    Mine also feel like sinus, tension, migraine they are not always the same, this must be one my worst FM symptoms and is totally debilitating at times.
    Unfortunately I have no idea why you would get it more in fall/winter, sorry :)

Phoebe
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I don't know,..?? maybe its because everythings closed up and I'm not getting all that fresh air?
    I can have 2 months at a time with barely a headache. Then bam! I've got em everyday! They ease up slightly with OTC meds,..but return within a few hrs of the meds wearing off.
    Yes,..My neck and jaw feels tensed too.
    I slept with an ice pack on the back of my neck lastnight.

Might be an indoor allergy I'm not aware of yet? like new rugs? or just the dry heat?
    Sinus meds seem to dry me out so bad its almost worse after! Rebound headaches maybe?
    I'll be using more & more salt water today~ That helps the best.
    Thanks again
    :) Tandy
  6. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Tandy,

I really couldn't say for sure, but I get my worst headaches (sometimes they are in fact migranes) during the fall and spring. I believe they are caused by allergies, my doc thinks so too. She's gonna have me tested as soon as all my other tests have been gone through since so many meds interact with each other, and because I can't take migrane medication due to my predelection for blood clots.

Hope this is of some use!
    ((((HUGS))))
    Skye
  7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I suffer from migraines, chronic daily headaches, etc. and I just read an article about how migraine sufferers may describe also suffering from different types of headaches, such as tension and sinus headaches that may actually be varying types or varieties of migraines. It was a very interesting article. I believe it was in a newsletter on the National Headache Foundation website (http://www.headaches.org).