Headache

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by STIGZE, Jan 4, 2007.

1. STIGZE

STIGZE New Member

Do you have a tension headache due to your fatigue on both sides of the head and back?
  2. I have been getting terrible headaches on both sides of my head, like pressure , squeezing. My dr. gave me a pill for tension headaches. Sometimes it helps but sometimes not. Now I am also getting pain behind my ears. I hope you get relief soon.
  3. STIGZE

STIGZE New Member

thats exactly it is it because of the fatigue do you know what pill do u take?
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I use to get horrific migraines but many of these were due to MSG, nitrites, nitrates, sulfites and sharp cheeses.

I take naps under a 250W heat lamp ~1 meter away. Far infrared light does something to the skin. Its very healing.

I can not tolerate much coffee. It adds to my tension. In fact, I drink one cup of a chickory/coffee blend. Very little caffeine.

"Viruses breathe sugar" say Dr. William Wong N.D., try eliminating it from your diet.

Look into enzyme therapy as Dr. Wong as had some great research going on with it. 6 tablets/day is helping my mom who has FM.
  5. she gave me a script for Fiorinal

Generic ingredients: Butalbital, Aspirin, Caffeine

Why is this drug prescribed?
    Fiorinal, a strong, non-narcotic pain reliever and muscle relaxant, is prescribed for the relief of tension headache symptoms caused by stress or muscle contraction in the head, neck, and shoulder area. It combines a non-narcotic, sedative barbiturate (butalbital) with a pain reliever (aspirin) and a stimulant (caffeine).

6. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hi, I have alot of headaches , I know it is tension. Having fibro I can't hold my head up to long with out some kind of support if I do I pay for it. I take Excedrin tension headache pill's most of the time they do help but I also have to rest my head and neck. When I sit in my recliner I roll a small throw or blanket up and put it behind my neck. This helps some. The pain is in my neck and in between my shoulder blades. Sincerly , SuzyQ44
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I find that the only way to help that doesn't involve taking one of my migraine pills, Zomig, is to lay down and sleep for about 30 minutes. When I wake up, the headache's gone.

I've tried every other "natural" method, and nothing helps but good 'ol sleep!
  8. ll1816

ll1816 Member

I get headaches in the base of my head where it meets the neck and also in the temple areas.

I have really bad neck pain and I think the headache in the back of my head is related to that.

Hugs to all,
    Liz
  9. Now with me the headaches get worse trying to sleep . I think it all started from NOT being able to sleep much at night. I must need a new pillow, but can't find one that helps the neck.
  10. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I too have taken Fiorinal for several years prescribed by my neurologist for tension headaches.

The ingredients contained are aspirin, caffeine and butalbital. It is an analgesic (barbiturate and stimulant combination used to treat tension headaches.

It is the only thing that works and usually relieves a headache within minutes.

When I develop migraines I have to take a triptan like Maxalt or Relpax.

11. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

I just got my first Rx for Fiorinal yesterday, did the trick. I had been given acetominaphen#3 before but I have completely cut the acetominaphen out as 12 years was too long and it was no longer good enough.

Best regaurds -M