Headaches, Migraines?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I been reading and studying a little more about migraines. I have been haveing them frequently lately. I don't think its a migraine though now.

The headache pain starts above my right eye, goes down and around the side of my head into the back of the ear, and in the ear. Its not like TMJ. Ear infections lots of times have been ruled out also. There is also a sensitive spot above my eyebrow too. Anyone else?

2. Myth

Myth New Member

I have had a headache for the last four or five months now. It is as strong as a migraine but it is not a migraine. My eyes hurt and there I have become ultra sensative to light. My ears don't really hurt but I can hear the blood rushing through them in this constant pulse. I do not have sinititis- I went for x-rays. The headache can get really severe and it never really goes away. I also get sharp electrical current pains in my head along with the throb of the headache. My doctors theory is that it is because of lack of sleep as I work a job that requires shift work. A find theory but one I can do nothing about at this time. I don't know if we have the same type of headache, but I know how it feels to have a headache that just won't quite. I was thinking I was getting cluster headaches even though I do not follow the pattern perfectly. I would recomend getting some x-rays to rule out sinititis though.
  3. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

I HAVE BEEN DX WITH MIGRAINES SINCE I WAS 16.

THE SYMPTOMS I HAVE ARE SHARP OR HEAVY PAIN ABOVE ONE OR BOTH EYES,SENSTIVITY TO LIGHT, AND NOISE, SOMETIMES PAIN ON THE SIDE OF MY NECK,(WHICH THE DOCS IN THEE ER AND MY PCP SAID WERE SOMETIMESD NORMAL), NEUSA, LITTLE SHARP (FLOATIES ITHINK THEY CALL THEM) SQUILY,LIGHTS FLASHING THROUGH THE AIR, SOMETIMES NOT ALL, VOMITING. SOMETIMES PAIN IN THE SIDE OF MY NECK (THIS STARTED AFTER MY FIRST FLARE UP).MY DOC TOLD ME THAT FMS MIGRAINES DIFFER THAN REGULAR MIGRAINES SOMEWHAT, WHICH I HAVE EXPERIENCED TWICEE NOEW.

ESPECIALLY THE ONE LAST WEEK. BESIDES THE USUAL SYMPTOMS, IT WAS FAR WORSE (OR AS THEY SAY 9 OUT OF A 10 ON TH PAIN SCALE) MY FORE HEAD FELT LIKE SOMEONE PUNCHED ME AND I HAD THE PAIN YOU DESCRIBED GOIMG DOWN AND AROUND THE SIDE OF MY HEAD.

MY DOC SAYS THAT CHRONIC HEADACHE AND MIGRAINES, AND TENSION HEADACHES ARE ALL PART OF FMS, AND WHATEVER TYPE OF HEADACHE CAN BE TREATED, ITS BAD ENOUGH HAVING THIS DD, WITHOUT ADDING HEADACHES THAT SEEM TO BE WORSE NOW.

W
    SINCE I HAVE TO TAKE COUMIDIN TO THIN MYY BLOOD, I AM ALLOWED ONLY SO MUCH AT HOME TO TREAT, IF IT DOESN'T HELP I HAVE TO GO TO ER SINCE I HAVE SO MUCH MEDS IN MY SYSTEM.

TALK WITH YOUR DOC. LET HIM/HER DX WHAT TYPE HEADACHE, AND THE BEST WAY TO TREAT

ONE GOOD THING FOR ALMOST ALL HEADACHES, LAT DOWN IN A DARK, QUIET, ROOM WITH AN ICE PACKE AT THE BASE OF YOUR NECK FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES. REPEAT ICE PACK EVERY HOUR OR TWO, I FORGET IF IT OPENS THE VEINS(OR WHATEVER IS BACK THERE, SORRY FIBROFOG) OR CLOSES THEM, BUT IT SHOULD BRING SOME RELIEF. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A REALLY DARK ROOM. TRY COVERING YOUR EYES WITH DARK TOWELS, OR OTHER HEAVY DARK MATERIAL. THE DARKER, QUIETER THE BETTER.

SORRY FOR THE LONG ANSWER, I JUST HATE HEARING ABOUT ANYONE WHO GETS HEADACHES AND WANT TO PASS ON ANY INFO I HAVE ON THEM, THAT IS ONE OF OUR PAINS WE CAN GET RID OF.

HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE.

HOPING YOU GET RID OF IT SOON
    FELLOW HEADACHE SUFFERER

KELLEY

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2003]
  4. kalina

kalina New Member

I am a headache sufferer, too. I've had migraines off and on for 30 years, and the same chronic daily headache every day for the last 20 years. It gets old...

From your description, it doesn't sound like you have classic migraines. Could be a migraine variant? Whatever it is, a headache pattern that changes or suddenly flares up like this is not something you should take lightly. If I were you, I would make an appointment with a neurologist for an exam.

Take care...

Kalina
  5. todayisagift

todayisagift New Member

Headaches are horrible I must say, I have ended up twice in my life in the ER for them once when I was 11 and another time when I was 20. They were that severe I was vomiting and needed and IV of morphine. After the 2nd one I had chronic migraines that needed to be prevented, I use Topamax and it seems to work pretty well. My neurologist has said that eplieptics have the same brain chemistry as those with migraines so it is a good path to choose when you are looking for a medication- go the epileptic route. Plus a good supplement to try is Fever Few, my acupuncturist just told me to start taking 2 capsules twice per day it also helps with pain and menstrual pain I think. So it would be worth a try for you I would assume. You can ask your doctor first if you want. You can pretty much buy it anywhere online I bought it from this site. A good thing to also do is ask for a medication to take when it gets bad and you need something to get rid of it quick, something that quickly dissolves under the tongue is Zomig, it didn't help me but it may help you, I currently use Midrin, generic Amidrine or Migrazone and it helps well. I used to use Fiorinal but we all know how that goes you build tolerance and there ya go it doesn't work anymore. It doesn't even have to be a migraine for you to do these things, mine aren't often migraines either anymore, just BAD headaches. I haven't had a true migraine in awhile.
    -Megan

[ advertisement ]