HEADACHES THAT FEEL LIKE YOUR HEAD IS EXPLODING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmcurepls, Jul 19, 2006.

1. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I was wondering if anyone else experiences headaches that feel like their head is going to explode? It feels like the pressure is just building and building. Nothing takes them away. They last for days and days sometimes weeks. I am going to try cranial sacral therapy tomorrow. I hope that this works.

Thank you,

Sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  2. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Sharon,
    You may want to get to the doctor while you are having one of these headaches. There are just so many things this could be.
    H
  3. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi Sharon,

I'm very sorry to hear that you also have those kind of headaches, I get them all the time.

I always keep a headache 24/7 it never goes away but i dearly hate when it really feels like your head is going to explode. Also its hard to explain but sometimes when it feels like its going to explode there is a horrible pain that happens all at once there will be 8 sharp pains that go off fast then it feels like your head is going to explode and if i'm walking i have to stop and hold the top of my head, thats how severe the pain is.

I really hope that the cranial sacral theraphy works for you, please let me know if it does and i'll give it a try, thanks!

Sorry you get the headaches like that good luck with theraphy. take care, Tammy.
  4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi Sharon

Yes I get these.. the pressure builds up and up in my head - mostly in the front and top, but sometimes the back too. Sometimes its only on the left.

It feels like my brain is too small for my skull and that at any moment it could burst out, like a squashed grape.

I've been in tears with them at times. Nothing has helped for the pain, however since I started Neurontin the intensity of them has decreased enough for me to be social and sit in the lounge talking to people, watching TV, instead of lying on my bed crying.

I hope you find some relief soon.
    Take care
    Michelle
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

the doc was giving me imitral injections for migranes till we realized they aren't compatible with the other meds I'm on, also with my raynaulds... You are probably dealing with
    migranes. So.. what is cranial sacral therapy?? Let us know if it works!
    Good luck!
    hug,
    dona
  6. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

Cranial Sacral Therapy is a type of massage that is done very very lightly on the head. From what I know and I am no expert they move the small bones in your scalp to help make the blood and spinal fluid flow correctly. It is done with a very light touch. I did it in the past and it really helped me. My practitioner moved away and I finally found another one who is supposed to be outstanding. I will see if she will give me more information on what it exactly is and what it does. From what my chiro told me the bones in your cranium should move when you breathe and my don't. He recommended this treatment. I will keep you all posted.

Hugs,

Sharon
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

Topamax, Relpax, Indomethacin (for neck), Nortryptilene at night, Skelaxin, Phenergan

I get headaches like those and the above meds are in my arsenal of meds. I also have Thorazine for a rescue med when I am by myself and can't get to an ER.

I hope you can find a way to treat your headaches. Treating them before they even begin is the best way.
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have a history of very bad/painful/sick headaches When I would wake up with them, I KNEW I was going to get sick and I would. They always hurt on my right side.

My Mother used to take me to ER, Dr. office for injection; I think they used demerol and phenegan.

Then, I finally, after trying many things, found that just a small piece of the zomig will stop it, most of the time. If not, it does relieve it.'

Good Luck and hope you find something that works.

BlueSky555
  9. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I have always had a headache I think since I was born! Just recently in the past 3 weeks they have been getting worse, I constantly have pressure in my head and usually in the afternoon I start getting the stabbing pains and it's just all over my head. This morning was the worst ever I finally went to Emergency room I have never had that kind of pain before It woke me up and wouldn't go away, I took 3 Tramadol and 2 Fioricets and still nothing. The game me pain med while I was there and did a CAT scan nothing was wrong in the head so I guess I have to find other reasons for the head pain. I have slept all day after the happy shot they gave me and it is now midnight and I am feeling the pressure come back again!!! They prescribed a migraine med for me and it says when you feel the headache coming on take the meds, but what if you always feel like its coming on? I'm rambling I know...just so tired of the pressure and pain. I feel do lost.

Thanks for being here! I'm so glad you all understand.
    Kelly

10. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

sometimes it feels that my brain is going to burst out of my head, it is sensitive to the touch, and nobody better mess with me when i am feeling that way