Headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Oct 27, 2005.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I have had a headache on and off daily for the past week. I see a new rhumey Monday should I wait and ask her about them? These just won't leave I have taken Tramadol 3 days this week ! I see my Chiropractor tonight hopefully its something that can be adjusted away but if not is this a symptom of FMS also ? Or could this be something else? I have also been dx with Sjogren's but that is in question, my PCP is sending me to another Rhumey to look into it? It has been wondered if I also have Lupus. Just checking to see where these headaches fit in. Feels like someone has forceps on my head. GRRRR
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2005]
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

Bump for you ....
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Kalley,
    I had headaches for almost a year, daily, due to FMS. I even had a CAT scan and that was negative and MRI and that was negative. Once I was put on Prozac, my headaces went away and I rarely get one anymore.

Check my profile to see the FMS meds I'm on. Not many... I take Lortabs for pain, but they don't seem to help a headache. Then I have to take more Tylenol as I can't take Advil, or Aleve because of the Diclofenac I'm on and interactions with other meds I take for different reasons.

Yes, ask your new rheumy on Monday. I think it is FMS. But you really need to be sure so other things probably need to be ruled out.

The neurologist I saw said I was having tension headaches, but my FMS was through the roof back then. I wasn't on any FMS meds then. Couldn't even fill out his forms without crying from the pain of having my head bent down. I was a real mess back then.

I thank God for the current meds I'm on to at least give me basically good relief compared to what I was like in 1995. I finally got relief in 6/96.

Hope you will feel better. Remember it won't go on forever.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I've had severe tension headaches and major migraines for about 30 years.

Don't get offended, please .... but at "your age", the headaches might be hormonal--related to peri-menopause. I know some of my headaches were at that age. I am now 54.

Also, stress causes a lot of headaches ... and at that point of my life, my doc put me on Zoloft and it was a WONDER DRUG then.

Also, for my migraines, my doc put me permanently on a beta blocker -- which also helped. This med was to prevent headaches.

Now, after menopause is over (or about over--how do you know it's over???? but that's another post!!!!!) and now that I have retired, I very seldom have a headache!!! (I had a partial hysterectomy at age 32, but kept my ovaries, so I did not go into normal menopause at that age.)

You might discuss some of this with your doc.

Good luck,
    Janet