headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RexRox, Jan 4, 2006.

1. RexRox

RexRox New Member

I am new to all of this. But I was just wondering if anyone else has headaches all of the time? I have had a headache four days now. A couple of weeks ago my headache would wake me up in the middle of the night! I am really getting tired of it. Nothing I take helps it to go away. Any imput is greatly appreciated.
  2. fibrofirend44

fibrofirend44 New Member

Hi there, I too suffer from severe headaches at times. My headaches usually happen more when I have sinus...but lately I have had pain in the back of the neck, right behind the ears...it is excrutiating pain...I was really in worried the other day. I used heat and cold and took many tylenols. I wanted to take Excedrin but I did not have any. I was told once by a pain management doctor that it is the best med for headaches....it works for me.

I am not a medical person, so my advice to you is that if you are in doubt what type of headache you have, to go and have it checked by your physician. A headache could be and indication of something else that is going on in your body. Like I said before, mine is mostly because of sinus or stress in my neck. I did see a doctor before who concluded the same.

Take care and hope you have a blessed headache free day.
    aq
  3. jake123

jake123 New Member

My neurologist says that I just have one of "those" brains. But he also says that people with FM/CFS are prone to more headaches because FM is related to your central nervous system.
    It is possible that if you are waking in the middle of the night, then you might be grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw.
    I think you should go to your doctor and get some kind of med for headaches. I take Relpax it works pretty darn good but sometimes I have to supplement it with a muscle relaxant, Phenergan, and Indomethecin.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Try to figure out what kind of headaches you are getting. If they are from muscle tightness or spasm, massage or muscle relaxants might work. Heat can also help in that case. If its tension or migraine, there are meds that can help. Sometimes realxation or meditation can help.
    You may need your Doctor to help you sort this out.

Good luck
    Kathy.