Heading to Alaska on Thursday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Aug 27, 2006.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Please, wish me luck, and say some prayers for me, would ya??

It's going to be a six hour flight, so I know THAT will be no picnic! As some of you know, I am recovering (6 weeks now) from a major 5 level lubar fusion and nerve reconstruction right now, to top it all off!!

BUT, the up side is, I get to see my only daughter, and my adorable grandkids!! We are taking my oldest grand daughter back home to be with her mom and step-dad (who is in the AF, and just got transfered). She'll be starting school there, and re-adjusting to everything, too!!

We were busy all weekend packing, ironing, and doing laundry, and wouldn't you know it, my washing machine completely died on us?? Isn't that the way it usually goes-just when you least need it, a major appliance goes out??

So, we just had to fork out the extra $$ to buy a new one. But that's ok. I'm focusing on seeing my girl, and her babies for now!! I'll take my meds with me, and knock myself out if I have to!! LOL.

I've asked for wheelchair assistance, and an aisle seat so I can get up and move around. I think we have things covered! I copied out NINE pages of what you can and cannot pack from the airlines' web page.

You all have a great week, and I'll catch you later!! PG
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I know you will do fine.I took my first flight in 4 years alone to see my children in GA.Short flight only 2 hours.I was still petrified of traveling alone.

Please remember doctor notes for your scripts.They actually looked mine over at the airport in GA.

Ill keep you in my prayers .That way you will feel your best while your on your trip.

Hugs>>>FOR EVERY DAY A NEW DAWN WILL COME>>> Sue
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'll be praying for you to have a great trip...take me with you? My oldest daughter lives in North Pole and (I think we discussed this before) her husband works at Eielson. Is that where your son in law is? They've been having cold, wet weather so dress warmly. I'm a musician too....I play at our church and sub at others occasionally. I also teach piano at home. Hey, maybe our daughters know each other...? Have a great time with the grandkids! Terri
  4. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I lived in North Pole two years ago and I live in Fairbanks now. It's nice to hear there are other folks up here. Peppergirl, I hope you enjoy your visit to our huge state!
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Have a wonderful time! Every time I think of Alaska I think of "Northern Exposure", and I get all warm, inside. It sounds like a fun trip.

Best of everything,
    Terry
  6. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

My SIL is in the AF, at Elmendorf. So, we'll be heading to Anchorage.

I appreciate all the kind well-wishes and it's just amazing to me how many people have been there, or are STILL there! How cool-in more ways then one!!]

The hardest adjustment will be coming from Arizona's 104 temps to their 50-something! My daughter said they've even had a light dusting of snow a few times last week. How fun this will be!!

I'll catch you all later, after I get back! Take care. PG
  7. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

A wonderful trip..will be thinking of you and sending prayers you way!!

Tami
  8. CARETN

CARETN New Member

have a wonderful trip,have a wonderful experience. caretn