HEADS UP Lots of NEW TV tonight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Sep 25, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

It's a tough night for tv watching.

Tonight we have the premier's of Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Survivor, Earl, The Office, and ER. And to make things more complicated, both Survivor and Grey's are TWO hours long.

I have it all planned out to watch Survivor followed by ER, while taping Grey's Anatomy. If I had to watch one more thing, my whole plan would fall apart. I would LIKE to watch The Office, but have never been able to fit it into the tight Thursday night lineup. (Too bad they don't spread some of these shows around into the more boring nights.)

On a side note, is anyone else having trouble watching tv this season. Strange question, I know. But after the eons long writers strike last year, followed by the summer of reruns and reality shows, I have gotten out of the habit of tv watching. Now I find it harder to concentrate and focus on the programs, and have a lot of trouble dozing off.

I couldn't stay awake for Fringe this week. And Heroes has become far too complicated for my foggy brain. Tonight with 3+ hours of shows, I will need to sugar up for alertness beforehand. Either that, or get a few extra VCR's.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

well i'm totaly looking forward to Survivor!!,,,My 13 yr old 27" GE Tv took a nose dive and stopped working altogether 2 weeks ago,,,,,:(,,,,but got a new one,,nothin' fancy but serves the purpose for the fall line up!,,,,,You have a wonderful plan of watching and tapeing!,,,,,and the staying awake thing calls for coffee maybe?,,,lolol,,,,,,Dancing with the stars is pretty good so far this season,,,,,how about that Cloris Leachman,,,

Have you heard of Tivo? i see Ellen D. giving them away all the time,,,,,not sure of all it's abilitys ,,but sounds nice,,,probably spendy,,,,i have a habit of flipping back and forth with the Remote if there are 2 shows on at the same time that i want to see,,,,Ny VCR is ancient,,,,but have a DVD player,,,,Need to get a Combo!

Heres to the Great fall line up!,,,,,,,Happy watching!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I know what you mean, with the busy summer coming to a close and not having much time to watch tv all summer, it is hard to get back into the habit of sitting down to watch my favorite shows.

Thank goodness for being able to record the shows. I love Heroes, House, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Home Makeover (my all time favorite), Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, ER and I do like the Office too, but if I miss that one I won't get upset. I don't have any idea how I am going to have time to watch all of these shows. LOL

Maybe I will spend the whole day Saturday. I have nothing planned for a change.
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

I hear you. I was trying to tape/watch Americas Next Top Model , America's Got Talent and Criminal Minds. It was a challenge but great flipping through the commercials. Did anyone watch Criminal Minds. Couldn't figure out the plot. Now if they put any Law and Orders on during these time slots don't know what I will do. lol.