"Heal Me or Bring Me Home" - respns. to ladybugmandy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nah.stacey, Nov 10, 2009.

1. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

How much sorrow can the human heart hold?
    How much can it break before it's veins will run cold?

How many tears can fall upon ground?
    How many can fall but still not make a sound?

Who will hear when a might heart rips?
    Who will hear when the last tear drips?

Who will listen before before someone stops calling?
    Who will listen before the tears stop falling?

Where is my Savior who said he would pay?
    Where is my Savior on my dying day?

It may not be my body that dies, it reminds me with pain it is not.
    It's just my soul that is tattered and beat, my soul that perhaps was forgot.

Forgot that He promised He'd always be there, that He'd suffer each sorrow and sin
    I was sure He was perfect, would never forget, was sure I would see Him again.

But my body and heart are battered and broke, strewn along life's road
    I've finally succumbed, my faith paper thin as I stumble under the load.

Dear Father, Dear Savior, I try one more time, to plead my case alone,
    Please rescue me from the life this mine, PLEASE HEAL ME OR BRING ME HOME.

I wrote this when I was in a place like you are now, I was so deathly ill and had held my 14 year old son in my arms as he died from complications of CP and I was no better off. I was wishing I could have gone with him, the pain and sickness was more than I could bare and not a Dr. who would listen.

Please Ladybugmandy, Know you are not alone. He is there, you are just too sick to feel him.
    Know that we are here and many of us wish often for the same thing, but remember too that it is the loved ones you leave behind that will hurt more than you do now because they will feel they failed you.

Please hang on with anything you have left, the cure may not come soon enough for alot of us but the reward will be better for having fought a good fight.
    Much faith and prayer for you,
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2009]
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

"heal me or bring me home" - I am not suicidal, nor am I Sue, whom you posted this for, but I wanted to thank you for posting it.....I can so relate to the title

I am so sorry about your son, too.....I can only imagine how hard that must have been
  3. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

4. Elisa

Elisa Member

Thank you nah.stacy for posting this poem. How strong you must be and how strong in faith you must be - you are an inspiration to me.

God Bless,

5. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Aunt Tammie and Elisa and all others who have read this.

Strength and Faith come from great trial. Not one of us has chosen to take on this DD but each of us have learned much from it both good and bad. We each need to find our own way of coping with what and who we have become, for some of us we have no idea who the person is who looks back at us in the mirror, we just shake our heads and wonder where we have gone.

This poem and many others is a way I use to help me stay connected with who I WAS and who I am now. I just pray others will find a way to cope and hang on as each of us are completely individual in what afflicts us.

Much thanks for all your support,
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

stacey...thank you, dear friend. i am greatly saddened that you lost your son...my heart goes out to you.

that poem made me cry:)

i love you for posting it for me. bless you.
  7. misskoji

misskoji Member

That is a really beautiful poem. I'm going to print it out and remember it. I'll also pass it along to others.

Thank you for posting it.
  8. goodguess25

goodguess25 New Member

It bought tears to my eyes, It reminds me of the foot print poem. I am so sorry about your son. When I was a child from the age of 7 thur 14 I went through some pretty tramatic incidents from my stepfather. I at the time thought God had forsaken me I was pretty disiluisioned from faith and lot of other things. Now as a survier all forms of abuse, I realized he was there with me. He had to be there no way the horrors I faced was able to be who I am now. I realized my battle scars are there to help my own stepdaughter who themselves have had a lonley broken home from there mom and there stepfather, and a father who own struggle with and depression ptsd from dessert storm was unaware of the girls situation. I know my suffering will help me with the struggles that the girls face. Ladybugmandy and nah.stacey god bless you.