Healing Music for FMS and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, May 6, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Has anyone tried healing music to listen to during the day or delta wave sleep inducing music at night?? I am hoping a more natural approach may be the way to go. I have stopped taking my Amantadine and my ringing ears abd mood swings are better now.
    I have started listening to harp music while I am on computer-I feel it is healing!! Has anyone tried this??
  2. aryiella

aryiella New Member

I tried a CD called Ambient Music For Sleep by the Relaxation Company which is supposed to be exactly for deep sleep. I couldn't even call it music, but I kept it on very low on my stereo. I wasn't real impressed with it, and I'm not sure if it helped. Now I use a sound machine that just plays the sound of chirping crickets. I like that better personally.

Holly
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They are designed to induce different types of brain waves. They are not music but rather sounds, vibrations, and narration. They are kind of like meditation tapes in that the narration asks you to visualize different things. I do sleep more deeply when I use the Delta tape.

Love, Mikie
  4. omm

omm New Member

Dear Vicky,
    A number of years ago I did research on this and although my memory is on vacation, I do remember that the harp was an amazing instrument when it came to healing. After reading this I made a few cassettes of only harp music which I put together from my LP collection. I definitely think it helps. Thanks for reminding me!
    Hugs,
    Omm
  5. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Just wondering if healing music could be played while members are logged on the messageboard. I am not a NEW AGE person but I do think alternative therapy is a great option that does not have side effects!!