Healing Testimony of CFS - opens a door of hope!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MichaelBrianStark, Jan 22, 2003.

1. MichaelBrianStark

MichaelBrianStark New Member

My Testimony
    By Caroline Coleman

Matthew 16:25
    For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

The past four years I was dealing with chronic Environmental Illness, which almost took my life due to very severe nutritional deficiencies. My immune system had been weakened to the point where I was allergic to all foods and my body was unable to withstand the environment and being around people without getting sick. This was triggered by your average everyday exposures such as fragrances, carpeting, and laundry detergents. I ended up living in a world of isolation. The only people I really got to spend time with were the "helpers" I hired to do some of the simple chores in life that I couldn't do myself because of the chronic fatigue. For a year and a half my body was debilitated to the point where even just putting one foot in front of another was extremely painful. I couldn't sit because there was so much inflammation in my colon and at times had to be carried down the stairs, pulled out of bed, and it even hurt just to lift a glass of water to my mouth. I was rotating hospitals because I was embarrassed about the frequency of visits to the emergency room.

There was definitely a lack of medical options since I would have such severe reactions to them, such as a seizure and heart arrhythmias. With several years passing, there were some improvements with treatment. However, after spending close to half a million dollars it became quite obvious that no man could fix me. God was the only One who could take this away from me. The more I leaned towards the Lord and put my complete trust in Him to heal me, the more spiritual healing I received. I would read Scriptures so that they had meaning in my life and hold them very close to my heart. It was a big turning point for me when I realized that God wanted me well and that He had beautiful plans for me.

Isaiah 58:11 And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

I started reading A More Excellent Way by Pastor Henry Wright. Simply by acknowledging some of the spiritual roots behind disease (such as guilt, perfectionism, and addictions), almost immediately I regained my eyesight to the point where I could read for hours at a time. Prior to that day, 15 minutes was about the limit since I was losing my vision. I was so grateful because I believed I finally found my answer. I decided to hop on a plane from New Mexico to Georgia to attend the very powerful program offered by Pleasant Valley (Pastor Wright's Church), which focuses on sanctification. When I left for the airport that morning, I not only believed that God was going to get me there safely, but that He was also going to heal me. When I first arrived I needed to be on oxygen, lying down on a lounge chair in the back of the room, at times too exhausted to even lift my head from the chair. Within 5 days I was off of oxygen; within a week I was eating sugar; within two weeks I got all my foods back (Romans 14:23 and 1 Tim4:3-5), within 2 and a half weeks I was driving again, going to the gym, and walking into stores. I can now go wherever I want and I am also off of the daily treatment program my body used to rely on to function.

The more I healed spiritually, the more my body was strengthened. During praise and worship I allowed the Holy Spirit to flow through and grab a hold of me and cleanse me of impurities. I did my best to keep my peace by making choices that were from God. I stopped hiding from the environment and started facing all of the things that were making me sick, but this time I did it with complete faith that my body would be able to handle it. Doubt and fear do not come from God. He has a better plan for me than that.

2 Tim.1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

What it comes down to, plain and simple, is that I am healed because Jesus died on the cross for me. It's already a done deal for all of us. We just need to open ourselves up to receive the gift. Deut 30:19 that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.

God is no respecter of persons. (Acts 10:34) He wants to bless you too. Let Him bless you.

TOP TEN WAYS I OPENED MYSELF UP TO RECEIVE GOD’S GRACE AND HEALING

Ephes. 2:8 for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1. I put all my faith and trust in the Lord without any doubts about my complete healing. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2. I began reading God’s Word to be the truth and only the truth in my life.
    3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

3. I stopped asking God to heal me and starting thanking Him for already doing so by sending his Son to die on the cross for me. 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

4. I stopped focusing in on my body/symptoms and put all my attention on God before anything else. Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

5. I started exercising my faith instead of just talking about it. I did this by facing all the stressors in my life with the absolute knowing that the Lord would take care of me. Ephes. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6. I went through the sanctification process, taking responsibility and repenting for the sins in my life. Col. 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    7. I laughed (when I could) and listened to praise and worship music morning, day and night. Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

8. I distanced myself from all the programming and bondage relating to illness. Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

9. I praised God for every victory no matter how big or small. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

10. I helped others by sharing my testimony. Rev. 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.