Healing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gala, Dec 26, 2002.

1. gala

gala New Member

Has anyone on this website healed to where they don't need a wheelchair or a cane? I am starting my 4th year with this DD and my legs are noodles and I also have alot of nausea. Has anyone healed to where they are not bedridden most of the day? I guess I am just hoping for improvement. My husband keeps telling me I will get better but I don't know after reading so many of the messages on the internet......Gala
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have never needed a walking aid, but I was bedridden a good deal of the time two years ago. I was very dizzy and had to hang onto the walls to walk through the condo.

I was very, very sick. Through an integrated approach, I am healing and hoping to return to work withing six months. It is possible to get better. I don't know how much better I will get, but I'm planning on at least 80 percent of my pre-onset health.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I agree with Jelly on the sleep. It is a must!

I was only bedridden once, that was because of the Fibro in the pelvic bone area. I could not stand on my feet. That was a longtime ago.

As of Feburary this year, I do get to stage four sleep. It is because of ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and B-6), this is my formula for sleep;

6pm Xanax (0.25 milligrams)
    10pm 2 capsules of ZMA
    Right before bed; Melatonin (3 milligrams)

I sleep at the least, 7-8 hours soundly. I still have problems with morning Fog, but it does not last as long as it used too.

I am 80% better than I was two years ago, I have had Fibro for 20 years plus. I am compensating for age here too.

Most of us slow down with age anyway.

I have some bad days, but not so disabeling that I would complain, compared to how I was a couple of years ago.

I don't know what you are doing/taking for FM or CFS?

I only take supplements, baths, heating mattress pad, and a host of other remedies, many I have gotten from this board.

I sincerely hope you find what works for you, as I hate to think of you in such condition!

Many of the posts you are reading here, are not just about FM/CFS, there are many of the members that have other illnesses as well as these two. Which makes their health worst than some of us.

I am very glad where I am now, and will continuingly try to improve my health as I go along this journey.

That is about all any of us can do, as there is no known reason for these illnesses, and no know cure at this time.

The sad, but truth is that what works for one of us, does not necessarly work for others.

You need to find what works for you, and try things to help yourself.

Take care, and I sincerely hope you are feeling better soon.

Listen to your husband, you will get better!

Shalom, Shirl

4. Kimba

Kimba New Member

Have you tried any Water Therapy? They have me doing that and it is bring my legs back quickly. When you are in the water, you are able to move around without putting too much weight on your legs. It is great therapy.
  5. gala

gala New Member

To Jellybelly....If I told my doctor about myoplasma where would I have the lab done? My naturopath started me on Coenzyme Q-10 100mg. I don't know if I can take it. My blood does not overcoagulate so no problem there. I just want to be more mobile. I do have trouble sleeping. I usually average just 5-6 hours a night and if I happen to fall asleep during the day it is for just a short time(1/2 hour)and when I wake up I fell horrible...just horrible. I take 30mg Of Remeron (antidepressent) at night plus 1mg of klonopin and I still lay awake at night. There just isn't any doctor around here that knows how to treat this CFS and I do have some FM in my buttocks and legs. I also have chest wall pain. Thanks for your reply....Gala
  6. gala

gala New Member

Thank you for your message. I do have cfs and some fm in my butt and legs. I don't think I get enough sleep. The antidepressent (remeron) is suppose to do the trick plus 1mg Klonipin but I still am lucky to get 5-6 hrs sleep. I don't sleep during the day because I feel just awful when I wake up. I was started on Coenzyme Q-10 but I don't know if it will agree with me. My naturopath insists that I take supplements and I keep telling her they make me feel terrible. I don't know what to do....Gala
  7. gala

gala New Member

Thank you for your encouragement. I need all I can get. I have suffered from this cfs and some fm for over three years. I know I have a long journey to go before I will heal, GOd willing.....Gala
  8. jolly

jolly New Member

Yes, you can heal. I believe all of us can heal. It seems in this universe it takes an action on our part to set things in motion, so start doing positive things and asking for help from a higher source. Take baths every day, make sure you eat enough, get massages or massage yourself. If something pops into your head that might help, follow up on that thought. I've gotten tremendous help myself from trigger point therapy and you can do it at home. Don't give up. There are many people who have improved. Jo Ellen
  9. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

Gala--Ask your doctor about taking 1/4 of a tablet of Remeron at night for sleep. I take this dosage every night
    and I sleep so deeply. I do not take any other anti-dep.
    during the day--they made me feel worse!! I also take many supplements and B12 and B6 shots--not sure the shots are making much of a difference. I have CFS. Take care.

[ advertisement ]