HEALTH CHANNELBACTERIA MYSTERY DIAGNOSIS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

BACTERIA IS THE SUBJECT THAT BLEW ME OUT OF THE CHAIR!

IT WAS ON THE DISCOVERY HEALTH CHANNEL- A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL HAD CREEPING CHRONIC PAIN AND AFTER A YEAR OF DOCTOR AFTER DOCTOR AND TEST AFTER TEST SHE GAVE UP AND JUST STOPPED LIVING-HER PAIN WAS LIKE OURS-BUT HER PARENTS DIDNT GIVE UP--

THEY TOOK HER OF STATE AND I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE DR BUT WE ALL HAVE HEARD OF THIS DR, IT BEGINS WITH THE LETTER /E/ REALLY LONG NAME.....

WELL ANYWAY HE TESTED HER "AGAIN" FOR LYME, A DIFFERENT TYPE OF TEST OF LYME SINCE THERE ARE MANY TYPES- AND SURE ENOUGH SHE HAD LYME AND HER ENTIRE BODY WAS FILLED WITH BACTERIA!!! THE SHOW ENDED WITH HER STILL IN TREATMENT AND SHE WAS STILL ON "ANTI-BIOTICS" TO KILL THE BACTERIA, SHE WAS SLOWLY GETTING HER LIFE BACK-

THE WHOLE THING WAS THERE ARE MANY TESTS FOR LYME AS OTHER DISESEAS- THE PROBLEM IS DRS DONT DO ALL THE TESTS- THATS WHY YOU HAVE TO GO TO A SPECIAL DOCTOR AND INSIST ON TESTS-
    IF YOUR REGULAR DR WONT DO IT!! EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD GONE TO MANY SPECIALTITS THEY NEVER DID THIS RARE TEST----

FROM THE START I SAVED ALL THE NAMES OF TESTS I HAVE DONE- AND HAVE EVEN DONE RESEARCH ON RARE TESTS, WENT TO THE DR AND SAID "PLEASE DO THIS TEST" SOME DRS SAID NO SOME SAID YES----SOME ANSWERS DID COME BACK FOR ME! DIDNT CURE MY PAIN BUT FOUND OTHER PROBLEMS THAT NEEDED TO BE TREATED---SO NOW WHAT???
    MAKE SURE YOU GET TESTS DONE THAT ARE RARE- INSIST ON IT!

IF YOU GO TO THE DISCOVERY HEALTH CHANNEL WEBSITE IT HAS SEVERAL ARTICLES ON BACTERIA- I DONT HAVE THE WEBSITE HERE- SORRY, JUST GOOGLE "DISCOVERY HEALTH CHANNEL" AND THAN WHEN YOU GET ON THEIR SITE SEARCH FOR "LYME AND BACTERIA"

SO LIKE THE DR IN HUNTIGTONBECH, CALIFORNIA, ITHINK THATS DR NICHIOLSON - THIS DR (I THHINK IN WASHIGTON STATE)
    TREATS PEOPLE WITH ANTI-BIOTICS--- SO SOME OF US MAY NOT HAVE BEEN BITEN BY A TICK TO GET LYME- THERE ARE MANY WAYS THE BODY CAN GET FILLED UP WITH NASTY BACTERIAS!

SORRY FOR THE MIS SPELT WORDS-------ANY IMPUT ON THIS???
    DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THIS????
    THANKS----JGAVI

OH, MY DR SAID HE WILL DO THE LYME TEST AGAIN- THE MORE INVOLVED ONES! I HAVE A GREAT DR WHO WORKS WITH ME---

SO I WILL ADVISE YA ALL WHAT HAPPENS----ODD THAT I WANT TO HAVE BACTERIA!!!! WHY? BECAUSE WE CAN THAN TREAT IT!
    RIGHT NOW WE HAVE NOTHING TO TREAT!!!!
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

good idea not to post all in caps though, hard to read.

jeanne
  3. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and was not diagnosed until I asked for an IGENEX lyme test , which is relatively new and very reliable.

MANY MANY OTHERS here are finding they have lyme disease
    NOT JUST CFIDS or FM.

It is my fervent wish that EVERY PERSON HERE would insist
    on getting an IGENEX test , and consider treatment for lyme if they have TWO positive bands .

I strongly believe there are many others here who will remain sick because they are not getting tests that are useful.

I was almost blown away when I saw the lab work showing antibodies to lyme after being told TEN years ago I have CFIDS .

I hope all who read this will consider the possibility that they actually have a treatable disease that mimics
    CFIDS and FM.
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Find a doc who will order an IGENEX test , and read the results YOURSELF . If you have TWO positive bands or more , consider lyme as a possibility .
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I have been on ABX ( doxycycline ) and samento for several months and feel worse due to the die off of the bacteria. It has not been easy , but I will persevere .

I am looking for a lyme doc now after deciding not to go back to the FFC .

I hope for better days eventually. I do find it encouraging that many members of lymenet post that they
    improve after treatment ( usually several months of feeling much worse ) .