Health improvements and sleep study #2 update.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shananegans, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I had my second sleep study done on Nov. 30th. They tried the CPAP machine on me this time and according to the report, it did indeed help me sleep. My sleep apnea is mild but my oxygen disaturation was questionable and seemed improved with the machine.

So I will be trying it. I have not gotten it yet, but it's in the works. One thing I didn't enjoy was the sinus/ear infection I got afterwards. My sinus system is very sensitive so cold air is bad for me, but my neuro is prescribing the heated humidity machine for me, so I think I will be ok. Hopefully all will go well but I'll keep everyone posted!

Also I recently switched pain meds from Ultram to Avinza and I feel SOOOOOO much better already. I am so glad I finally found a doctor that is willing to try "heavy duty" pain meds. I almost feel like a real person again, and she wants me to try and go back to work, which I would love to do! Hopefully between the CPAP helping me sleep better and the new meds, I will be able to return to my previous life slowly but surely. I may even be able to exercise again... Oh yeah and with all of this new stuff and feeling better, i have also lost 40 lbs and now am a svelt 170 instead of 210!

I am just so happy about all this I had to share! Hopefully things will continue to improve.

Thanks for reading,
    shananegans
  2. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Go, girl Go......

But take it REALLY slowly. Hope you continue to improve