Health Question........is there a nurse out there?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kats1978, Mar 23, 2003.

1. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I keep having pains in my chest, I can't breath at times and I havn't the abbility to fall asleep, any more. I have been having to many breathing problems, hacking and fevers and cills, where I feel like a popsical one min and a oven the next, does this make any sence or am I just loosing it?
  2. starstella

starstella New Member

sounds to me like you should see a doctor and rule out infection. I find it hard to believe a doctor would dismiss these symptoms, but then again, nothing should surprise me anymore.
  3. tes

tes New Member

I am not a nurse but I have suffered with the symptoms you described(not hacking or fever though) for about 9 years. Eventually, this is how my fm was diagnosed. I had chest pain everyday with massive breathing problems. I had every test done from heart to lungs with no evidence of disease. Those symptoms have faded only for new ones to start. I now have massive problems with my lower ribs. Once again, I have started with testing to rule out any problems with stomach, liver etc. So far nothing has been found. This illness is really overwhelming and nothing surprises me. Just get yourself checked out and hang in there. Has this been going on for along time? If you want to talk more, I'll keep my eyes open on this thread for any questions. Take care. Tes.
  4. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I know that the backache and the tension on my chest could be that I have FMS playing with it but I have had to let go of a lot of my stress through out my life. My father has an infection and I know that I might which is why I went in to see one just recently and they say it is nothing to worry about. I have gone through my chills and highs during my last big attack and I was hoping that as I got worse this time I could stop it some how. I don’t want to go through ‘the fainting spills’ and ‘the not a chance of walking (from the never doctor)’ again. Every time I bend down to pick up a child to carry it to its room, since it will not go on its own, the pain just increases and I feel as though I am having a lot more panic attacks. I just want the pain if needed to stop all together. The thing is that it is affecting my chest in such a way that I am having troubles just trying to stand up. The testing that I did last year only stated the fact that I have low in iron which is surprising because I try to eat a jar of peanut butter a week. I know that meat upsets my stomach and I try hard just to change the diet so I get enough meat. Anyways I have to get back to resting I have another 14 hr day tomorrow.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Even though we have almost all suffered from these symptoms at one time or another, it can be a mistake to assume new symptoms are related to our illnesses.

Love, Mikie