HEALTH - Rep says same deal for gov't! - Plz support!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Feb 27, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Finally, some good news to act on!!

Congressman John Fleming (a Louisiana physician) has proposed an amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are curiously exempt).

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a two-page amendment that would require all Members and their staffs to enroll in any new government-run health plan.

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and sign his petition (very simple).

It took me less than a minute to sign up to require our congressmen and senators to drink at the same trough!

Three cheers for Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana!

GO TO:

Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

If Congress forces this on the American people,
    Congress should have to accept the same level of health care for themselves and their families.

To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy! Please pass this on!!

I went further and wrote to my congressman, Paul Broun MD. He has a 4-way test, which this definitely meets (see letter below). It will be interesting to see what he has to say, as he is a doctor himself.

Dear Congressman Broun

Congressman John Fleming has introduced, in his words:
    ".. an Amendment to the Pelosi health care bill that will automatically enroll all Members of Congress and all Senators in the public option.... House Resolution 615"

I would sincerely suggest you support and vote for this resolution, as our fellow American citizen.

It most definitely meets your "4-way test' as it is:

-Necessary (so that all Americans are accorded equal rights),
    and most definitely it IS

[This Message was Edited on 02/28/2010]
  2. bct

bct Active Member

3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

The public option may be done away with. I agree with you, but think they should be required to go on whatever medical insurance plans we have--and that the free medical care they can get (which I believe was supposed to be only "emergency medical care" but evolved into regular care because many got it free simply because they are Senators or Representatives, be eliminated. They could get paramedics and ambulances if they need medical care, just like us, and they should be on the same plans we are. It's time they were forced off the free medical care they have gotten used to as a perk and which is "pork", and use the same medical plans we have to.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I have a feeling that is Rep. Fleming's point(s).... especially when you consider that most are wealthy to start with.

I just hope they lift the anti-exemption from all insurance companies so that it would be competitive nationally, and people could form 'co-ops', to start. I think it would go a long way. It seems they just make it more and more snarled with 'ifs', 'ands', or 'buts'.

Worse, Obama proposed in his speech in Las Vegas Friday that pvt insurance might have to somehow pay for military injuries.... I don't think that's going to even be spoken of in Congress or Senate!

in the meantime, doctors accepting MediCare are getting hard to find, no surprise, with the 21% cut.... senate left early Friday. How do they think a public option would ever work.

Anyway, I see Fleming's amendment as really a protest, which is why I signed it and sent a note to my rep as well.

all the best,

5. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Do you really think that's gonna fly? I have an even better idea,why not allow "we the people" to enjoy the same first rate insurance that all of congress has! Now that's a plan I can get excited about! Of course this is all tongue in cheek, those in congress and senate and in the white house are sooo out of touch...~~~Jeanne (I will sign Fleming's amendment also!)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2010]
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I had the same goverment paid insurance that the congressmen have. Sigh. I wonder, do they get to keep the same medical benefits after retirement, for life. Most likely their families get government paid medical care too. Oh,well. Cheers, mr bill
  7. spacee

spacee Member

for Posting this.