Health Update...You all are not going to believe this...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Feb 2, 2007.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

OK for those keep up with my little soap opera good grief I don't think the best General Hospital writers could come up with this stuff.

As you know I was told by the clinic I go to I could not get in to see the neurosurgeon (for my aggressive pituitary tumor) until August (08/02/2007 as a matter fact) which had me in a panic - naturally due to the aggressiveness this tumor.

Well I received the information packet from the Neurosurgeon's office yesterday - the one where you fill in all of you medical insurance or lack of and medical history, and all of that type of information.

I turn to the last page and the surgeons staff had my appointment written as 02/08/2007 and I was like -- wait a minute -- is my appointment in February or august?

So I said to myself "I am going to the source this time" and just called the neurosurgeon's office -- and guess what?

My appointment is 02/08/2007!!!! NEXT THURSDAY!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? Sorry for the yelling but I can't help it.

I have been put off work next week because I am in such an emotional state my physician said I needed to take some time off and I have to say I agree with her.

I can not believe they put me through this. I knew if the neurosurgeon reviewed my films he would want to see me fairly quick because of all of the research I have done and now it is nice to know I am not crazy.

I just wish the endocrinologist would have communicated better with me -- it sure would have helped.

Needless to say I am still a wreak.

My FMS is at it all time worse. I had to get a shot of Norflex for chronic lumbar and thoracic strain that I have developed in this past year.

I wanted to thank every one for praying for me because those prayers really did help. I also thank every for thinking of me.

I ask that you please not stop for I fear I am not out of the woods yet but possibly getting closer or at least getting help now.

This has got to be the scariest, oddest thing I have ever been through in my entire life. You would think these people would double check dates -- I mean I have worked in physician's offices and yes it does get hectic at times but we always check dates...

Thanks you all from the bottom of heart,

Karen :)

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2007]
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you and amen. I am happy and apprehensive at the same time you know what I mean? Of course you do the down fall of understanding medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and the lot is we know just enough to drive ourselves and those around us insane...LOL

I honestly believe because of all of the research I have done the neurosurgeon will want to do surgery pretty quick. After he does all of his testing of course.

Thanks you so much for the good wishes. I am going to apply for a medical card next week I have never had to do anything like that and do feel a little odd about but now is not the time to let my pride get in the way -- I have to take care of me the best way I can.

I hope you are doing well and haven't been having too much pain or problems in you life. I have really fallen behind with what is going on with everyone on the board. I plan to do a little catching up next week.

I do feel kind of bad about being so hard on my endocrinologist maybe he had his reasons for not communicating with but still he could have been a little more open -- the is a physician I have seen for several years and he does know me...

Sorry so long -- I am a little windy tonight.

Thanks again for being a good cyber friend,

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2007]
  3. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

Your appt is on my birthday--Those numbers have always been good luck for me 2-8. (long story but i felt compelled to tell you)

Im sending you all but one of my birthday wishes~

I have to keep one for me:)

Love and light,
    jolie
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Now that's good news! I've been keeping up with you; I don't say much, don't know what to, but I'm really glad to hear this.

Don't depend on your doctors to do everything. I mean, do your homework and investigate everything they're doing so YOU understand it. Doctor don't know nutrition at all, so you have to keep up with that aspect all by yourself. Don't let them off the hook for ANYTHING.

Ask them questions until they get pissed off. If they blow you off or won't answer it, ask them WHY they are blowing you off or not answering. They may throw some technical words at you to get you to shut up, ask them to explain. EVERYTHING can be explained in layman's terms. Pin them down! If you think they're treating you like a dummy, say "it's my pituitary that has the problem, not my cerebral cortex! Just tell me and I'll understand!"

good luck, I'm expecting more good news after this

karen
  5. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi Karen,

I've been following your pituitary adenoma situaion as you know since I'm part of the "pituitary club" now (oh joy! lol), but this news is wonderful...

It's good for you to be off of work to relax your body and try to get out of a flare, etc.

I hope and pray that the neurosurgeon does the right thing whatever that may be...

Please continue to keep us posted when you can!

Warm and healing hugs,
    LB32
  6. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi Prickles -- Shock yep that along with a gambit of all other emotions. I have been awful at work, it's a wonder I haven't been fired.

I snapped a poor little nurse's head off -- well she was in the wrong but she didn't deserve the treatment I gave her. I have apologized twice but I don't think she believes me and she really hasn't accepted me apology -- anyway...

Thank you for be here for me. I hope you are taking care of yourself. Hey - I saw that picture of you and your boyfriend --- very nice looking couple. You little cutie -- I am so glad you have someone and I hope he is there when you need him. Take care Karen :)

Hi Jolie -- Happy Birthday (early) I am very honored that you would give me one of your birthday wishes. I consider that a very selfless and special thing to do. It really touches my heart and I really appreciate it so much. Thank you.

Hey - in honor of you Birthday I think I'll pick up a Daily 3 with the Numbers 2-8-7 who knows maybe I get lucky :) Thank you for being such a nice person. Take care, Karen :)

Hi Karen -- Oh no I never depend on physicians to do everything. I have already been researching the neurosurgeon I will be seeing next week. He has written few papers on pituitary tumors and I am in the process of reading one of them. Trust me I know how to do my research and you are we can never do enough but sometimes even that doesn't help.

As in my case when I saw my endocrinologist this last visit. Believe me I was prepared and I did all of my research. I have been trained medical terminology, human anatomy/physiology, the disease process these things are part of my world every day -- at work and at home (when I am not too ill).

Heck I speak the language and my endocrinologist is fully aware of this. He treated me when I was employed full time as a Medical Coder.

Look at me there I go again getting off track. Karen you are so right about not letting physicians off the hook about anything and yes we all should make sure we understand everything before we leave the office.

Thanks Karen for all of your support and good wishes I so appreciate them. You are a very kind person for taking time out to think of me. Take of you -- Karen :)

Hi BD74 -- It seems like you join the "club" about the time I found out that my tumor had basically doubled in size. My mind has been useless since then.

Please make sure you keep your PT checked just because they say they are slow growing doesn't mean all of them are. I am living proof of that.

BD74 thank you for showing me support it is such a nice thing you are doing. I am glad I have next week off too I do need to relax and take care of me...Hooray!!! I am going to be taking several long soaks in a hot tub and drinking lot of hot tea. Take care, Karen :)

I do not see this flare easy very much we are having temperatures in the single digits all next week and even some -1 Buuurrrrr that really sucks for the FMS.

Thanks to all of you for being just the way you are good people. You all will be in my prayers too.

Take care all,

7. kjfms

kjfms Member

Very interesting, heck it sure would be nice if we hit I need the money...LOL WOW -- Could you imagine both of us hitting too funny :)

You should ask about you pituitary. Make sure to ask that they do pituitary protocol -- which is just basically zooming in on the pituitary. Have you ever had any of you hormones checked such as Cortisol, ACTH, Prolactin, FSH, LH, Growth Hormone or anything like that?

6' pretty tall -- I am pretty short 5'3" both my sisters are tall one is 5'11" and the other is 5'10" I guess I am the runt.

Wow -- kind of makes ya wonder if you as a child you put out too much growth hormone and I was deficient in it doesn't it?

It is odd that they would say large and not enlarged don't you think? I would ask the neurologist about all of this. Let me know I am interested.

Yeah getting in to a neurosurgeon that fast is a relief but you know something is up also -- you know what I mean? I expected it though I am curious as to what he will say though just to see how far off I am -- good grief I am such a nut.

I will keep you in my prayers -- interesting how the pituitary problems seem to be coming up more often on this board isn't?

You take good care of you,