Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rocky76, Mar 27, 2010.

1. rocky76

rocky76 Member

So they just passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he didn't understand it, passed by a Congress that exempts themselves from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese....................and better yet it is to be financed by a country that's broke?
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

very well put. I am scared s**tless!

3. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

You would have deserved President Bush again whose intelligence was around that of an elementary school child. Or Sarah Palin who has extensive experience with foreign policy bc she overlooks Russia from her house.

4. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Yes indeed!Ditto!~~~Jeanne
  5. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

If intellect is the main indicator of a presidents' ability to govern.....then either this guy isn't as intelligent as we were led to believe,or intelligence or the lack thereof is NOT of any significance~~~~Jeanne
  6. rocky76

rocky76 Member

In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other. The Diomede Islands are often blanketed by persistent fog, which makes visibility difficult. On a clear day, though, a person standing at sea level can see a little less than three miles across the ocean. You can see farther if you go higher—at the highest altitude on Little Diomede (919 feet), you can see for about 37 miles. (Between mid-December and mid-June, when the water between the two islands freezes, an intrepid explorer can just walk from one to the other.)

I fished Crab in the Bering Sea and yes you CAN see Russia from some of the Islands in her statement is true....correct as stated....

[This Message was Edited on 03/27/2010]
  7. rocky76

rocky76 Member

start an argument about Sarah Palin but I can NOT believe that anyone would pick on her when in fact her statement is correct....

My post is just stating facts about our healthcare ...

If the president and all in the senate and house think its such a good plan then they should have to have the same plan....this will never happen...because they know its not a good plan...

it also talks about smokers....HMMMM....interesting...

and obese people....another HMMMM....

and on and on and on....
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2010]
  8. springwater

springwater Active Member

now because if he doesnt get re elected for another term it will get lost for another number
    of years until another idealistic president who actually cares about the poor and doesnt care
    about re election over doing what he feel is right tries to put this up.

I didnt know President Obama smoked, but looking at his appearance he is the fittest
    president till now, he plays basketball, cavorts on the beach with his kids and does not
    look like he is going to succumb to cardiac arrest or a stroke any time soon.

Ive read posts supporting the bill so I just hope and wish this courageous President all
    the best. I like Obama and his policies so far.

God Bless

9. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Yes, I am so stupid. Sarah Pallin is so smart. If I ever could reach that level.

10. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I was taken by ambulance last year....
    When I got to hospital I noticed they had me
    listed as OBESE...

I weighted in at 159 pounds....

I asked them about it as all the nurses were
    bigger then me...

They said they get special government funding
    if they mark people down as Obese...

So obese is anyone over 150 that is under 5'4"
  11. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Her statement was true...

so your statement is very false...

and it defames her character....

People that laughed at her true statement before
    finding out the facts are rude called news people...that think they are funny laughing at her but not finding out the facts...

I'm not sure I would vote for her but I sure would
    get all the facts before I make up my mind....

12. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

Gosh, why do not you support Pamela Anderson as a president instead? As I heard she can read (and smile) as well. Democracy relies on those "newspeople". Give her a chance.
  13. rocky76

rocky76 Member

....sexist remark....

End of Conversation....

Pathetic...has nothing to do with my first post....

and once again I see why I never post anymore...

All I told you was that you should do your homework before you start defaming the character of someone...
    any Lawyer would tell you that...
  14. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

It is called First Amendment right. I am sorry.

Anyway, please do post if you like. I was just exercizing my constitutional right. We disagree that is not the end of the world. By the way, it was not a sexist remark. I like Hillary instead.

15. quanked

quanked Member

I am not ready to through Obama out of the white house yet. I mean really, Bush lied, and lied and lied to citizens here and to the world and he stayed in the white house for 8 years.

So Obama smokes--that is his problem--it has nothing to do with his ability to govern. He is setting a bad example for his children, and harming his health--his business--not ours.

Yes, rocky76, the entire Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act is insane to some of us but for different reasons. Why you might find it ludicrous may not be why I do.

What is insane to me is that it looks like it will shift things around some, that more people may get health insurance (maybe) and some prejudices (pre-existing conditions) will be eliminated from insurance policies. Yet the act allows private insurers to practice age and gender discrimination. Gotta keep those profits up you know. AND the insurance companies will BENEFIT big time--32 million NEW CUSTOMERS! It will force middle usaians to purchase insurance from private carriers--negative consequences await anyone who is mandated to purchase the protection and does not. This is insane.

I am for universal health coverage--for everyone on earth. Right now I would just like to see a plan that actually is universal health care for the USA.

16. JLH

JLH New Member

I wanted to make a statement re the Healthcare, but gee, I don't want to interrupt a political "disagreement."
  17. JLH

JLH New Member

I just typed them in on another healthcare post, so I copied them for here:

This post is definitely NOT meant to be mean, so please don't think badly of me, I'm just stating what's best for me.

For my family, I am NOT in favor of this new healthcare plan.

For one thing, it will raise taxes to the middle class.

The other thing is that is will most definitely reduce the payments/reimbursements made to the physicians. My daughter is a physician, she has gone to school all of her life (it seems) to become a physician. From kindergarten to getting her doctor's degree, she went to school a total of 25 YEARS -- this includes the years spent doing her internship and residency. She is in debt HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in educational loans--she had to get loans to go to college and med school because we were not rich!

Her school loans are on a re-payment plan of 30 years, just like you would purchase a home. She still has to have a home financed on a 30 year plan, and her and her husband have to purchase vehicles that are dependable. And ... they haven't even had children yet, which will cost a fortune to raise from birth to college graduation, etc.

So, having spent her life in school to become a top-notch physician to have the very important responsibility of possibly saving your life, she keeps getting less and less money for her services. Already, every time she sees a Medicare or Medicaid patient, her reimbursement is just a fraction of what it is worth. Then she has the patients that she treats in the office and in the hospital who never pay their bills. Then the fraction of patients who are left, do, thank goodness, pay their bills.

She has to work 80 to 100 hours PER WEEK to care for her patients in the hospital and at the hospital. The longer she works, the less PER HOUR are her wages.

How would you like to have a job making a great wage for your personal education and skill level -- say $20/hour. Then, instead of working 40 hrs/wk for your paycheck, you have to work 80 hrs/wk for the same pay because you are a salaried person and are not paid overtime, then you hourly wage goes down to $10/hr -- but what if some weeks you are actually working 100 hrs/wk, then your hourly wage goes down even more. That is what I am talking about. Would you be happy if this happened to your job? I doubt it.

This is what is happening to her. So, we are not happy FOR HER.

Also, the reimbursements back to the hospitals will be cut. This means eventually the hospitals will be laying off people due to not enough money to pay them. So, people will lose jobs. When we go to the hospital, we will have to wait longer for each service that we need. It will take us longer to get an out-patient test scheduled. Hospitals will not be able to buy state-of-the-art equipment as quickly as needed because of lack of budget. It goes on and on.

For these reasons, my family was not in favor of this new healthcare plan.

Also, if Congress wants to exempt themselves from this plan, that means it's not good enough for them. If it's not good enough for them, then .... it's not good enough for me!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I know a lot of posters here do not think much of physicians, but there are good and bad, and of course, my daughter is not only good, but she is GREAT!!!! Of course, she's my daughter!!! LOL

18. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

What are you doing???

Why do you feel compelled to continually reply to ROCKY76 , when you 100% completely disagree with the each one of ROCKY76’s replies??

I am talking about the repetitive replies. Not meaning you disagree with the original post. Clearly, we see you disagree, yet why the barrage of replies on top of the first message.

Well, then the question would be asked, if you are chiming in because you want to voice your opinion ( ---- which is perfectly fine, accepted, welcomed and makes all of us different -----) why do you feel the need to keep continuing to make your point over & over again??

We heard you the first time.

Seriously, do you realize you take your first message and comment on one thing and then turn the next reply into a subject that is straying off the original post?

I would suspect you do this because you feel the need to intentionally cause a problem and believe while you are at it see if you can “switch things up” and then confuse the person you disagree with. Toss in "facts" as well just to see if that helps build your case against your original point!

So, then the message goes and turns into ------ what are we even talking about??

Wait, now I see the working in of the angle ----- “The First Amendment” and Constitutional Right.

I recall seeing the exact wording many months ago under a different USERNAME and messages were then removed from the Message Boards. Sure, we all are free to express our opinions, view points and disagree when ever we want to. I just do not understand why you feel the need to run your points into the ground. It is as if you are looking for trouble or to be the instigator.

Why are other replies from those who ALSO disagree with the original message not condescending in the way yours are???

Also, maybe some day Pamela Anderson will make a career change. However, how does Pamela Anderson even relate to the original message is what confuses me.

By the way, if you want to come back at me with some sort of attack, let me offer up personal information regarding myself and then you can twist it into what ever you would like

I will save you time in doing any research on me........

This past year, on top of having Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue:

== I survived Cervical Cancer. 3 months of Chemo. Not so fun, but hey, I have become use to things like this.

== End of December I was hospitalized due to “Clinical Severe Depression” because it was necessary. (Due to the restrictions of the Message Board, I cannot boldly say WHY.)

== I have been in Intensive Counseling, Therapy & After Care since then and I can tell you, this has been a nightmare.

== I just had “another episode” that would have required Hospitalization again, but this time on the surface I do not appear as a “danger” to myself when dealing with the “”Screening Commitment Law” in the State I live in.

There is you “ammo” on me. Go ahead and use it.

REPLY to me instead of your continual replies to ROCKY76.

What would you like to “teach” me regarding politics, healthcare, the current President, former Candidates, what quotes in the press that are true versus false, and on to the next “tangent” you end up going from there?

Please say to me what ever you would like to have as your reply to ROCKY76. Although I do recognize the pattern of “Last Reply” too. I guess some things never change here at the Message Boards.

Take your hits at me. I’m up for it. Trust me, I have a point to prove as well. I can get on the “Merry-Go-Round” with you and not have it discourage me from logging back on to the Message Boards.

== Elaine
  19. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I understand the gist of what you wrote and I am not commenting on that but I just couldn't let this statement re the President slide....."does not look like he is going to succumb to cardiac arrest or a stroke any time soon." Of all places, anyone on a board where people have invisible illnesses should know that appearance really has little to do with actual health!
  20. springwater

springwater Active Member

Forgive me, I have to admit I dont really know much about any Presidents
    habits re smoking, drinking or anything since i am not from this country and
    agree a lot of times appearances can be deceptive in cases of an illness like

I made my comment on what i observed and my own logic. Running for
    President is a gruelling task and on top of that i saw he is one of the more
    'sporty' Presidents with an active sports like basketball on his list of 'dos',
    besides the fact that he is really very young compared to previous Presidents.
    He looks very slim and athletic and moves in an agile manner. My comment
    was based on these.

I didnt really think the fact that he smokes would be relevant because
    people voted him in inspite of knowing he smokes. He seems to have
    achieved in a very short time what only a handful of people in the world
    can ever hope to achieve.

God Bless