Heard anything about Modifinil for CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by exqsmwa, Apr 5, 2003.

1. exqsmwa

exqsmwa New Member

Has anyone tried or heard anything about Modinifil (perscription). I think it has been given for narcolepsy. Just curious. I've always been able to kind of deal with the pain but the fatique is hard to control.
    excuse m wa
  2. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

If so there are many people here who use it. I for one, have had great results with it, in fact it has given me back a huge part of my life, If this is what it is you should find a lot of help here with it, Good Luck......Pam
  3. exqsmwa

exqsmwa New Member

Thanks Pam,
    That is what it is. Did you have any trouble getting your Dr. to give it to you? And is this something you can continue to take or do you only get it for a while. I don't like for them to give me something that helps and then treat you like some kind of drug addict if you ask for more.
    I have fibro too and take tramadol and a muscle relaxer at night. Out side of some over the counter stuff that is all I have been given. Get my 'pep' from caffine.
    Helen
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

I asked my doctor to prescribe it instead of the Ritalin, but he refused. I only read positive things about Modifinil and how it can help the fatigue etc.
    So, why would he deny this med?
    Regards, Lucky
  5. exqsmwa

exqsmwa New Member

Don't know that he will deny it. Haven't ask yet. Thought I would get my ducks in a row before asking. õ¿õ

[ advertisement ]