Heard From Shirl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know she has many friends here so thought I'd update y'all.

She, her house, and her dogs came through Hurricane Ike intact but the winds broke a lot of tree branches around her house. Her power is still off and on. She thinks a tornado, spawned by one of the outer bands of the storm, tore through the woods behind her house and destroyed a lot of trees. She said it did sound like a train plowing through. It spun her around when she went out to get the two little dogs inside but she was able to get them to safety. What a scare! I'm so glad she is OK.

Love, Mikie
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow!,,,,I'm glad she's OK!,,,Thanks for letting us know!!,,,,,Sis
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

She has been through far too much stress over the past several years. I hope she is holding up well.

Prayers going up for Shirl!
  4. jole

jole Member

I've wondered about Shirl from time to time also, and it's good to hear she's okay. I can't imagine going through all of that and not being down with the stress of it all. I wish her all the best, she certainly deserves it!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know she appreciates all the kind thoughts and prayers from our members. Yes, she has been through a lot. She is a dear, dear lady and friend.

Love, Mikie
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

that she's doing OK and made it through with no damage. Thanks for letting us know, Mikie.

7. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm glad she didn't have any damage, things have been tough enough.

I hope she's feeling better.

8. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

For the update. Mr Bill
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all are praying for her and keeping her in your thoughts. I e-mail her but don't know whether the power is on or whether she is able to sit at the computer. She responds when she can.

Love, Mikie