Heard From Shirl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just a quick note to let y'all know I got an e-mail from Shirl. Her computer is up and running but she is having a hard time getting used to the new keyboard. Also, her energy level isn't good. I don't know whether she will be online much but I wanted everyone to know that I heard from her. I'm sure she can always use our prayers. She is such a wonderful person.

Love, Mikie
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I am glad she is ok, but feel terrible that she is having illness issues. When I first came to this board, she was very active here. She had her FM mostly under control and was such a positive and calming force here on this board. She was always here to lend a helping hand and answer questions in the kindest, most helpful ways. She was always offering her hopes and prayers to those of us that needed them. I never saw her lose her temper or act in an unprofessional or unkind way. She was a great inspiration to me (as were you Mikie) in a time where I was coming to terms with my own illnesses.
    God Bless her!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sure Shirl will be glad to know she is missed and how much she has helped people here. She is a dear, dear friend, as is Nanna, and we try to keep in touch when we can. Ever since Hurricane Katrina, Shirl has had one thing after another and I just think it has drained her. She is always very appreciative of others' kind thoughts and prayers.

Love, Mikie
  4. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I'm doing VERY badly now,
    BUT ... wanted to at least say THANK YOU for your update about our dear friend Shirl.

Will talk later.
    Jim : )

BILLCAMO New Member

For giving us an update !!!!!!

Many of us have been very concerned about her.

Blessings ,

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jim, I am so very sorry that you aren't doing well. You are in my prayers.

Bill, I wish I had more, and better news, to report but I'm hoping she will feel better and, at least, she now has a computer that works.

Love, Mikie