Heard of Guaifenesin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suejones, Oct 8, 2002.

1. suejones

suejones New Member

A friend of mine sent me an article on Guaifenesin, did a little reading people say it helps them. Has anybody taken this or know anybody that has and what was the results?

Sue
  2. suejones

suejones New Member

A friend of mine sent me an article on Guaifenesin, did a little reading people say it helps them. Has anybody taken this or know anybody that has and what was the results?

Sue
  3. suejones

suejones New Member

There is a supplement called Move Free Plus MSM with Glucosamine Complex and Choldroitin Sulfate for Joint care, I checked with my Rheumatologist and she said it was good to take. I've been taking it for about a month and it does help with some of the joint pain. Just thought it might would help some of you.

See Ya again,

Sue
  4. G

G New Member

I have been taking guaifenesin for 3 & 1/2 years now and have found that it's helped me so much and I have an better quality of life now then I had before I started it. After 2 months had passed, I began to have less muscle spasms and the pain was not as intense - only at cycling time and that's not an bike either - but over time that too isn't as intense either. It gets easier in the long term.

It's an painful treatment but worth it in the end. One has to be dedicated to this treatment for the long term and not the short term. You need to read everything about the Guaifenesin Protocol as you can. You can get this at *******.*** where there are many papers on everything you need to know and you will also find an book which has everything you would want to know.

Take your info to your doctor if you choose this treatment so he or she will be able to work with you and also understand it as well.

Mikie also takes guaifenesin as well and knows everything about it.

Hope this helps...
    G

(Edited by Monitor. Use your search engine and find Dr. Paul St. Amand's website or do a search on Guaifenesin)

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We are no longer allowed to post URL's here, but it's always possible to give enough info so that one can easily find it using a search engine or just typing in the topic.

Sue, go to Dr. St. Amand's website and read part of his book to see if you think this is for you. If so, you need to buy the book, read it (probably more than once), understand the protocol and follow it religiously, and play around with the dosage until it's right. This treatment produces some painful flares in the beginning, but in the long term, it's been a blessing for me and others. It is the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversal of FMS symptoms. Length of time reversing the illness depends on length of time one has had it. I'm 1/2 to 3/4 in remission from FMS, but I also have CFS which is the biggest problem for me now.

BTW, if you use the search feature on this board, you can bring up all the posts on Guai.

Love, Mikie
  6. G

G New Member

Mikie, really sorry and won't happen again. I just wasn't thinking.

Thanks for telling me nicely...
    G