HEARD OLIVE OIL MAY BE IN SHORT SUPPLY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For those of you who use extra virgin olive oil I heard on BBC that Spain and Portugal have had a bad harvest and the price will be high and stocks short just in case you want to get some in.

Love Anne Cromwell
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I use alot.
    I get mine from Italy, as far as I know they had a good year.:) I'm Italian so I have to have my E.V.O.O.:)
    Claudia
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

We have been using that for a long time. That is what the dietitian told me to use when I saw an RD for myself and my son for diabetes. This was about 10 years ago, though.

Actually we don't use much oil anyway as I try to stay on a low fat diet due to my cholesterol being high.

Thanks for letting us know, Anne.

I got a box of sugar free turtles, but I don't need the candy as I'm trying to lose weight. lol I had a feeling I would be getting sugar free candy... Is the last thing I need... Hubby meant well, though. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
    Happy Valentine's Day

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But I think due to shortages elsewhere it will make the Italian hard to find, so they said.

Also Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a very good form of fat, extremely healthy and thought to be beneficial for the heart.

Only the cold pressed, first pressing extra virgin though.

Love Anne
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Well, maybe I will have to stock up when we go to the health food store tommarrow.
    I wish I would have know last month they had a buy one get one sale.:)
    Maybe they'll do it again for Valentine's Day ( since it is good for the heart?:).
    Claudia
  6. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I JUST READ YOUR RESPONCE ABOUT THE HOMESTEADING.WE USED TO HAVE 120 ACRES AND ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS.GOATS WERE MY FAVORITE.

WE HAD 50 BABY GOATS BORN IN ONE WEEK.I HAVE RAISED LOTS OF THEM ON A BOTTLE. LOVE IT.

THANKS FOR THE INFO.WHAT IS DOGMA?
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Some communities have a particular religious or ideaological leaning that one needs to believe in before one lives there. Some are quite mild, like "Environmentalists" others can be quite flaky, most are just people who like to live organically on the land with a like minded group, with a sense of having a real old fashioned community.

Yes, I miss my goats too, and the chickens, though as I see Bird Flu just was found in Germany and Italy in dead swans, it may be that before too long all the free rangers have to be indoors here too. My own feeling aout migrating birds spreading this is that most birds will die before they migrate due to being too weak/ill and that mostly the bird flu is being transported by truck and train in deseased domestic fowl. Getting scary though.

Love Anne

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thanks for that info, I had only heard part of it, so you are confirming.

Anne