heard this from a friend IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Oct 5, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

a friend of mine was a her rheum(she has ra) the other day and asked her about fm patients,( what kind of care we get)her dr told her that a bullin came out advising that fm paitents be referred back to the primary care phycsians for treatment because we (fm paitents)are using up to much of the rhem time that regular artritis patients need and that the pc are told that we needed to be taken off of pain killers and sent for consuling and pt to learn how to deal with the pain because its a life long thing and we need to deal with it in other ways then wasting time and resouces that other patients turley need,this dr was mad about but told my friend shes been put under pressure to comply and insurance companys are starting to refuse covrage for the rhum for fm and pc are under pressure about the meds,
    im just passing on what someone told me it may just be a rumor and may totally be false but the person who told me this has never lied to me before and i had not yet told her what has happen to me , im just passing on info so know one be mad at me iff its false im just sharing what i heard

as far as me after the dr taking me off the tylonal 3 i went back to see him he gave me bextra which did nothing when i called him and told him it did not help his advice stop taking it and take 1000 mg of reg tylonal a day!ive gotten some tylonal 3 from hubbies aunt but not many i want to die im in so much pain i need to do something but in to much pain to do anything[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

a friend of mine was a her rheum(she has ra) the other day and asked her about fm patients,( what kind of care we get)her dr told her that a bullin came out advising that fm paitents be referred back to the primary care phycsians for treatment because we (fm paitents)are using up to much of the rhem time that regular artritis patients need and that the pc are told that we needed to be taken off of pain killers and sent for consuling and pt to learn how to deal with the pain because its a life long thing and we need to deal with it in other ways then wasting time and resouces that other patients turley need,this dr was mad about but told my friend shes been put under pressure to comply and insurance companys are starting to refuse covrage for the rhum for fm and pc are under pressure about the meds,
    im just passing on what someone told me it may just be a rumor and may totally be false but the person who told me this has never lied to me before and i had not yet told her what has happen to me , im just passing on info so know one be mad at me iff its false im just sharing what i heard

as far as me after the dr taking me off the tylonal 3 i went back to see him he gave me bextra which did nothing when i called him and told him it did not help his advice stop taking it and take 1000 mg of reg tylonal a day!ive gotten some tylonal 3 from hubbies aunt but not many i want to die im in so much pain i need to do something but in to much pain to do anything[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I have been wondering about this drug thing ever since it was brought up before. I happen to go to a Pain Management doctor who is also a neurologist. I checked my insurance (Cigna) online tonight and it was updated in Sept. My doctor is no longer listed under PM, but he is listed still under Neurology. I hope he as a PM doc is not getting pressure from the ins co. That is all we need...I don't go to the doctor until the 23rd, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will ask him what is going on. Thanks for the info whether it is true or not. It is a heads up anyway.

Cindy
  4. clueless

clueless New Member

I am sitting here waiting for some kind of comfort before I go to bed. I have taken my oxycontin.neurontin and klonopin and still am in pain.I would certainly hope and pray that the report is false.What in the world would all the people who are suffering so do without help? I`m afraid talking to a therapist would not do the job and any physical therapy would absolutely kill me and I`m sure many others. They would like to sweep us under the rug rather than try and find out what is causing this horrendous disease. I am 74 yrs. old and would like to end my life in some kind of comfort and my heart goes out to the young people and mothers who are trying to raise families in this cloud of pain. May God Bless you all !!!
  5. Dlee

Dlee New Member

I was dx in May at Duke Hospital -by a rheumy for FM I know i've had it a couple years,but anyway they talk with me about this DD and the things that would help me.After that they said if I had a Dr I trust and works with FM patients their was no need for me to return.Thank God I have a great Dr. for now and shes not but one mile from me.
    Donna
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

i don't like them. i like sticking with my family dr. she's the one who diagnosed me and has been treating me. i like her and didn't like the rheumatologist she sent me to. now i haven't been lucky enough to get any strong medicine for my pain. i have to struggle along. i do hope they don't make it harder to get. it's hard enough. cindi
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I was about 20 ish.... so for 20 years and I've met and stumped my share of them and I HATE them all.... they are the strangest and least caring of any physician out there... there is a special place in heaven>?< for them!!!!!!!
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

i think neurologist are the most uncaring i was hoping to go to a rhem to try and get my meds now its problie not a option, last year when i was in this bad of a flare i was on oxycotin and percocet now im told to take 2 extra strenth tylonals a day something has to be going on with my pc he had always been so grate if anyone eles hears anything let me know
  9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am NOT fond of Docs, but they are all different just like we are. My Rheumy is far better than my PCP. If I could, I would still go to my Rheumy for everything. He used to let FMS pts. use him as their Internist since he understood FMS an PCP's don't. His practice got so busy, he told all his FMS pts. they had to get PCP's, even though the PCP's don't understand this. Maybe he did get this memo after all! My PCP is a cold fish, and she doesn't know much about FMS. She is tolerable though, and I don't expect much from Docs anymore anyway. We don't fit in the Ins. co.'s neat little 10 min. appt. time frames, so get rid of us....this is nothing new. I went to a Rheumy way back in 1988 who told me I was wasting his office time and he would not even examine me. When I told him I was too sick to work, he said "So what you can't work, you're a woman, stay home"!!!
    Klutzo
  10. sb439

sb439 New Member

The last sentence of your mail, about your rheumo's reaction seems to me to express something I fear is an attitude underlying many a doc's thinking about CFIDS/FMS: mostly we are women, who suffer from it, and as it is not a disease that kills (thank god!), they think what the hell do they want, as women they can always just stay at home, they'll be able to do the homework and survive ... . They're not important ... . etc.

(I'm a professor and have published books and stuff in the past, and even some of my docs who were aware of this displayed the 'you are a woman, you're not important, you're likely to exaggerate your symptoms' attitude towards me, something that mostly left me speechless, hence unable to get back at them properly at the time.)

Susanne
  11. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

That I had to learn to live with the pain and that he recommended to my PC not to give me any more pain medication. That was two months ago. I was taken off darviset and oxycontin cold turkey. He also told me there was nothing he could do and that I did not need to come back. He said to loose weight and exercise. I have been thru He** since I have been taken off pain medication. I also went to see my physicologist and he also told me he could not do anything for me the problem was pain and until I had it under control not to come back. My PC doctor at my last visit seemed like she did not want to see me either. She told me several time she would not perscribe any more pain medicine. I told her that I understood after she told me the first time. I have decided to try a new approach without doctors. I am going to try herbs and other non perscription drugs. Think of the money I can save by not going to the doctor. Plus time and gas for my car. They do not help anyway. I think I can figure it out by myself what works and what does not. I have found the almonds help for headaches. I have severe headaches. Ones that I lay and cry because the pain is unbearable. The almonds only take the edge off but I get more enjoyment eating almonds that spending money on perscriptions drugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2002]
  12. sb439

sb439 New Member

your mail seems (sadly) to support the rumour allhart told us about. Bad news.
    I hope very much you have some luck with herbs, etc.
    Susanne
  13. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I do not agree with doctors but I dont seem to have a choice on what I can do. They have turned their back on me.
  14. ladydi

ladydi New Member

To Allhart and All,

Here what my list of Docs are offering me.

Rhummy; It's my job to keep you out of pain, & he does
    Pschchiratrist: Everyone has a "right" to be pain free.
    Therapist: You don't need to take anything for Fm, She
    says she has chronic pain also. I don't know
    about her yet.
    Pain Clinic: I'll give you an epidural or order you a
    hospital bed! No meds will work for FM.
    Family Doc. Haven't seen in over a year, because I could
    never get past the front dest. I had been his
    patient for 21 years. I got steriotyped, and
    they hated to see me coming.

Go figure, how can all these docs have different philosiphies? (spelling)

Just my 2 cents.
    LadyDi
  15. allhart

allhart New Member

after reading the response i belive this rumor is probley true alot of us will be luckey that the close bond with good dr wouldnt brake from pressure i belived i had a bond with my dr ive known him for 13 years hes dilvered two of my children and promised never to let me suffer
    he knows im not the type that just begs for pain meds i have always done what ever he asked im about to go to the er and beg for pain meds yes right now i need a quick fix i have 5 children 3 dogs and 4 cats to take care of my life with out the pain is been unbearable latley as some of you who read the prayer board know im just hopping this will give some of you time in case this happens maybe save meds so noone eles is cold turkey until they find the care we deseve i can not wait until the day when they can prove to these drs that fm can be devasting and that with holding meds is as cruel as running us over and not stopping to look a the damage.
  16. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

This sounds familiar , as the last time I went to my rheum. he said he will continue seeing the fibro patients he has, but is not seeing any new patients as there is so many it is taking time away from his arthritis patients. HELLO! I wish I would have said, well if you drs. would look a little harder and find out what the cause of so many people getting fibro and help us! Drs!
    Bonnie