HEARING DATE NEXT FRIDAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gongee, Aug 6, 2005.

1. gongee

gongee New Member

I was so surprised today when my lawyer called.He was able to get a hearing date for next Friday.He had thought it was going to takes 8-10 months, so I am very lucky. I am very happy but very very scared. I am suppose to meet with him next Wednesday to go over the case before the hearing, but I am so afraid I'm going to be raked over the coals. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Gongee:

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. You were very lucky. My hearing is on Monday and it took a full 18 months to get it!

Don't worry your lawyer will be with you. Mine told me to get there at least a 1/2 hour before so we could go over the most likely questions the judge will ask me. He said, as long as there is very good documentation and support from your doctors we should get approved at the Appeals Hearing level.

Good luck Gongee, I will be praying for you. Will let you know on Monday how my hearing went.

Hugs,
    Francey

3. gongee

gongee New Member

Thanks Francey
    I am praying for you and I know it will turn out to be a good decision. I think I have just been obsessing about it since the lawyer called. When he said we have a lot of work to do on Wednesday when we meet before the hearing, it freaked me out. I have trouble remembering what someone said to me a minute ago, much less two days. You sound calm and today, I hope I will be able to get close to that point. At least by this time next week it will be all over. GOOD LUCK and I will be thinking about you tomorrow.
    Let me know how it goes. Thanks again.
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Gongee:

That was a concern that I had too about not remembering many of the things I may have said in the first stages of my claim. I mean after 3 years battling with SSD there is so much documentation, so many forms I filled out, that I just don't remember half of it.

My lawyer told me this "If you don't remember something you tell the judge very nicely, Your honor in all honesty I just don't remember". This is ok because remember we have FM and FM affects the memory. I too am a little nervous but my lawyer has put me at ease. We have to just be ourselves, let the judge know that we are being as honest and truthful about everything we say to him. If we do that we will be ok, and oh yeah definetly we can not exaggerate the pain. If we really are not in that much pain the day of te hearng and we try to fake it, the judge will see right through us.

Don't worry Gongee put it all in God's hands and everything will be alright. I'll get to you on Monday and give you the how it went for me.

Much love,
    Francey54
  5. gongee

gongee New Member

Francey

GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I am praying for you, and will be waiting to hear the outcome of your day. I am trying not to think about mine too much,because I have worried so much today it has made me actually sick with a severe headache, muscles tied up in knots and nauesous.I wish mine would be over tomorrow. I think maybe after I hear how yours went, it might put me a little at ease. God bless you and after the hearing, I hope you will know that everything went well. Thanks again for caring, I appreciate it.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Don't wear anything perky. Wear loose clothing in a dark color. Don't do your hair and makeup. Let the judge see how you look when you are sick. I just got up and put on a black tee shirt and a long black tee shirt knit skirt with black flats.

Answer the questions truthfully. If you need to move or stand up, go ahead and explain that you can't sit for any length of time. If it gets emotional and you cry, it's OK.

We all try to put on our best face, but the hearing is not the time for that. Your atty. should prepare you for what the hearing will be like.

Best of luck to you and God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  7. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I am bumping this for you cause I want others to write to you too.
  8. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Gongee:

Mikie has given you some really good advice. I forgot about that part. It is true, my lawyer told me the same thing;, dress down, no jewelry, no makeup, etc. etc. Look natural and crying is ok as long as it flows from the heart.

You'll see hon it will be OK.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2005]
  9. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Gongee:

Go look at my post. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...I WON MY SSD TODAY.

You girl are going to do alright. I know it.

Francey
  10. gongee

gongee New Member

I am so happy for you Francey and it has made me see that there may be (no, there WILL be ) hope for me Friday.
    I know you are glad this battle has been won. Pray for me
    Friday. I will keep you posted. Take care and again
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Gongee:

I know you are going to do well. I will be praying for you. Remember the tips we have given you and ask your Guardian Angel to be extra protective of you that day.

I will be bumping this post for you all week cause I want you to get support from alot of FMers and CFSers here at this Site.

Hugs,
    Francey
  12. gongee

gongee New Member

I couldn't ask for better friends than I have here.
    Thanks!!
  13. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

BUMP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  14. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<bump>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  15. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hey Guys:

Lets give Gongee some tender loving support as you all know how to do.

BUMP>>>>>>>>>>>>

16. gongee

gongee New Member

Thanks for the bumping. One more day to go and maybe I can breathe again. Went to my lawyer this morning for our get together before the hearing. He was very positive and could see how nervous I was. He said we were 80% to the finish line and although he couldn't say he was 100% sure it would be a favorable decision,he said he thought it was very close. Also said the judge that I will be seeing is new to the area and is a matter of fact judge and doesn't like to be bothered with claimants. He has been through 6 SSA Disability cases with him and each time right before the hearing he is called in his chambers and approves the case by record only and the clients never even step into the room. I am praying this will be my case. If not, he made sure I knew he would be right beside me and if I didn't answer a question fully, he would ask another to get the whole story from me. I was also told not to wear any make-up and look the judge straight in the eye when talking.
    I will let you know when things are done. Thanks for caring.
  17. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Oh Gongee:

I really hope the Judge will approve you on record as he has done in other cases, that would be the best news yet. Do exactly what your attorney tells you, he sounds like he is good.

I will be on pins and needles on Friday until I hear from you.

Go Gongee go.......

Hugs,
    Francey